Freedom of the seas balcony for family of 4???

Hello

Ok I was woundering if a balcony on the freedom of the seas would be big enough for a family of 4 traveling with 2 teens??? We are kinda watching are money so we need to all be in the seame room. Any Suggestions?? also with the balcony is there a pull out couch or does a beed come out of the wall??? Also pictures would be great

thanks

If it is a standard E or D category balcony there are only 2 chairs and a small table on balcony and it is tight. If you have an aft balcony in these categorys it will be deeper and therefore big enough for 4. As far as bed situation I've heard both where the bed opens and others say a bed pops out of upper wall sometimes over the reg. bed.

We have never had more than 3 of us in our cabins. (balcony). I'm sure 4 would be ok, kinda tight though. Remember there is only 1 bathroom and it's small, so you may want to hold a "family meetining" on the logisitcs and timing of the bathroom, especially before dinner ;)

Our cabin on Freedom had a pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling, a small couch as well...did not pull out to a sofa sleeper.

I'm sure everything will work out, it just may be somewhat tight at times.

Maybe you could look into a Family Stateroom? Only one bathroom still, but more elbow room that's for sure, and most ships have a pull out sofa in those rooms.

We have never had more than 3 of us in our cabins. (balcony). I'm sure 4 would be ok, kinda tight though. Remember there is only 1 bathroom and it's small, so you may want to hold a "family meetining" on the logisitcs and timing of the bathroom, especially before dinner ;)

Our cabin on Freedom had a pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling, a small couch as well...did not pull out to a sofa sleeper.

I'm sure everything will work out, it just may be somewhat tight at times.

Maybe you could look into a Family Stateroom? Only one bathroom still, but more elbow room that's for sure, and most ships have a pull out sofa in those rooms.

thanks for the help do you know exactly what room # or category you had for your stateroom because I like the ideal of it coming down from the ceiling. Had this on a previous carnival cruise and it worked great

thanks for the help do you know exactly what room # or category you had for your stateroom because I like the ideal of it coming down from the ceiling. Had this on a previous carnival cruise and it worked great

Oh gosh I don't remember, that was in August 06. I do remember in was deck 6, about 3 from the elevator...aft. Great location to be one deck above the promenade....we always try to do deck 6. How old are your teens? If one is really big and tall, the pullman bed may not work out so well...

Oh gosh I don't remember, that was in August 06. I do remember in was deck 6, about 3 from the elevator...aft. Great location to be one deck above the promenade....we always try to do deck 6. How old are your teens? If one is really big and tall, the pullman bed may not work out so well...

One will be 15 he is about 5 foot 6 and the other will be 13 who is just around 5 foot

In the past, we have had 4 in a D1 cabin (twice) and 4 in a JS (once). My kids were older than yours, and while this is not ideal, it can be done. Do what you need to do to get your family on that ship! We worked it out, as we travel well together. Many people would say it can't be done at all, I'm sure.

Since our kids would want to sleep later than my DH and I, we would send them to the bed, so we could fold up the sofabed and have some room. Also, anything you can use to organize clutter (like the laughed-upon over the door shoe holder) really does help.

As I said, it's not ideal, but you can make it work. Desparate times call for desparate measures!!:D

Hello

Ok I was woundering if a balcony on the freedom of the seas would be big enough for a family of 4 traveling with 2 teens??? We are kinda watching are money so we need to all be in the seame room. Any Suggestions?? also with the balcony is there a pull out couch or does a beed come out of the wall??? Also pictures would be great

thanks

Would it be out of the question for the two of you to be in a balcony room and book your 2 sons in a inside cabin across the hall? I just did a mock booking and the insides weren't much more than the 3rd/4th passenger rates in a balcony. Plus, you'd have two bathrooms, a lot of extra room, and everyone would have a real bed.

We did the Liberty with 2 teenager boys (both over 6' - 13 and 17) in a JS. We found the walk in closet a haven for changing. I know we could not do it with these big guys in a regular cabin. Next time, we will choose the inside/balcony option though as that is usually less than the JS. They will have a ball no matter what you choose!

Would it be out of the question for the two of you to be in a balcony room and book your 2 sons in a inside cabin across the hall? I just did a mock booking and the insides weren't much more than the 3rd/4th passenger rates in a balcony. Plus, you'd have two bathrooms, a lot of extra room, and everyone would have a real bed.

that's what I was thinking as well, and also suggested the larger Family Cabin. Still has one bathroom, but more room. We have always had our 2 teen sons in an inside stateroom and our daughter with us. 3 is bad enough! SHe has more "grooming" products than I do :p

that's what I was thinking as well, and also suggested the larger Family Cabin. Still has one bathroom, but more room. We have always had our 2 teen sons in an inside stateroom and our daughter with us. 3 is bad enough! SHe has more "grooming" products than I do :p

Now I'm glad I have three sons. Yeah, right.:D Though it is nice as we can pack relatively light.

thanks so much I think we are going to take the advice of getting a balcony and an interior if we can.

You're welcome. It just seemed the most reasonable and economic option for your family. Glad you agree and I'm glad I could help.

Are there some balcony cabins with a connecting inside cabin? Seems that I read about this somewhere...right up front or on the back? An alternative to across the hall that is almost like staying in the same room but with the advantages of two rooms.

Dorie

There are just two pairs of these on each Voyager class or Freedom class vessel. They are on the side, but all the way aft, on Deck 9.

Here is the deck 9 plan of the Navigator: (the cabins are 9676/9681 & 9376/9381)

shp_nv_deck09_rc2_dpl.gif

And the deck 9 plan of the Liberty: (cabins 9696/9701 & 9396/9401)

shp_lb_deck09_rc2_dpl.gif

Archived