Odd Cruise Habits??

CruiznWithHubby

OK, so I've been married to my DH for 25 years, and over the years, we've taken quite a few vacations as a family, and one cruise alone together,,,

DH, however, is a total NUT,,,the nice kind,,,,,but a nut nonetheless,,,and here we are 8 days out on our first vacation alone together in 20 years,,,,and he has started his STANDARD pre-vacation nuttiness,,,

It's a ritual that we at first found odd,,,,now we simply love,,,and I wondered, do any of YOU have anything "silly or nutty" that you do when awaiting a cruise???

About a week before vacation, DH starts telling me what we'll be doing RIGHT THIS MINUTE,,,

"Right now, we'd be getting ready for dinner in the dining room,,,,," or "Right now we'd be dancing in the disco,,," or "Right now we'd be sunning by the pool listening to the steel drum band",,,

Seriously,,,this is not once or twice,,,,but about 10 times a day for the week prior:eek: Like I said,,,he's a nut, but frankly, this wouldn't be vacation WITHOUT this,,,,the kids have always loved it,,,

And of course,,,,,it continues when we get home,,,,,,"Right now we'd be doing (fill in the blanks),,,

Anyone else????? Or am I going to be the only one who admits lunacy runs in our family???

Holly

Holly, with our cruise six weeks out, I have ALREADY started doing what your hubby does . . . . just a few minutes ago, I said to my Alex - "Guess what, hon? In just SIX WEEKS we will be enjoying our FUN DAY AT SEA!"

He's not nuts, he's just slower at the game than I am! ;)

I do that too. Last night I was saying...at this time next week, we'd be dancing the night away on our cruise! Also, starting about 10 days before I start saying how many "sleeps" are left until we leave. I also write it on the bathroom mirror in lipstick every day. I do this with other things too. I still have "1 more sleep, love your future wife" written on the mirror that I wrote the day before we got married. LOL

I do that too. Last night I was saying...at this time next week, we'd be dancing the night away on our cruise! Also, starting about 10 days before I start saying how many "sleeps" are left until we leave. I also write it on the bathroom mirror in lipstick every day. I do this with other things too. I still have "1 more sleep, love your future wife" written on the mirror that I wrote the day before we got married. LOL

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet,,,that mirror could get as dirty as anything, and I sure wouldn't clean it off!! Might clean AROUND it,,,,but not over it :) Holly

PS,,,I'm glad my DH isn't the only nut :)

Well, if he's a nut:)

I do this for cruises, I do this for Disney vacations, I do this for most any vacation. I am quite the OCD type and that includes obsessing about vacations. My wife just ignores me, at least until the week before.:o

In fact, 28 days from right now.... we will have just left the Port of Miami :cool:

At least that is better than doing it the opposite. My DH always says, Just think One week ago today we were in Cozumel, or 8 days ago we were just getting on the ship. It is kind of depressing. I like it your way better.

Oh he does this when we get BACK,,,,,for at LEAST a week:eek: Holly

I do exactly the same thing........this time next week we'll...........or this time last week we were.......... It's all a part of the anticipation and excitement waiting.

I work for a doctor, and him and his family took their first cruise on RCCL a year ago, and I was probably more excited than him about it asking him what ship, what ports etc, and hearing about it all when he got back. We usually break for lunch about noon, and it was only 10:30 AM on his first day back after the cruise, and he was asking "is it time for lunch yet? nah it's only 10:30, time for my first Bahama Mama!" I just laughed and said yep, you're still on "cruise time!" :D

At least that is better than doing it the opposite. My DH always says, Just think One week ago today we were in Cozumel, or 8 days ago we were just getting on the ship. It is kind of depressing. I like it your way better.

My DH does that same thing!! When we were leaving FLL last year after our cruise on the Liberty, we could see the port and the ship from the terminal on our flight back home...and I never heard the end of it!

"Right now, we'd be getting on"..."right now we'd be getting our Dod".....me and DD laughed about it because he isnt normally a sentimental guy!

I have just informed DH that he is not as crazy as everyone thinks he is:D he is gratified to hear it,,,,,Holly

Holly,

Yes he is as crazy as everyone thinks he is. Its just that there a lot of people out there that are as crazy as he is. Being crazy is not a solo effort.:D

Keith

Holly,

Yes he is as crazy as everyone thinks he is. Its just that there a lot of people out there that are as crazy as he is. Being crazy is not a solo effort.:D

Keith

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! He'd have to be completely nuts to be married to me for 25 years :) Holly

Holly,

Congrats on 25yrs of marriage. My DW Shelley and I celebrate our 25th this cominf Wed.

Keith

Ours is a day later than yours :) The day before Hallowe'en,,,,DH calls me his little witch,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmm

on a side note,,,,we were SUPPOSED to get married the 29th,,,had the rings engraved and EVERYTHING,,,but we couldn't find a venue for our reception on that Saturday, so we chose the Sunday instead,,,had to get the rings re-engraved,,,And congrats on yours too!!! 25 years and nobody's killed anyone yet,,,that's pretty worth celebrating ,,,grin,,,Holly

My darlin' husband has been getting updates weekly for over a year now. We are now down to 89 days til our cruise. At about 320 or so, he looked over at me and said:

"Honey, just tell me when to bring the suitcases down from the attic."

I could do nothing but laugh and he's still getting the updates. Only now, they are daily!:D

LOL! That's why you and DH always need to book the next one before going on this one! (At least, that works for me!):cool:

At the moment, I'm counting 25 days down to my next Mexican Riv cruise on the Spirit, along with 74 people so far in my CC Roll Call group! Seven of us locals had a pre-party yesterday here in San Diego at the Bernardo Winery. 87 degrees, wine and cheese, can't beat it!

Already booked my next one, next April, same itinerary that I did last April on the Spirit. Guess I liked it, huh?

That's too funny. My 6 year old niece counts in "sleeps". I had never heard anyone else doing it.

I don't cruise until April, and I am already anticipating what I want to do every day...especially the days at sea...spend time with my gf, eat lots, drink some, and sleep lots. This is the first "real" vacation that I have had without kids ever...

Jeez. I have to book more cruises because I think I have you all beat. We've had a TA cruise booked for months, and I'm excited because in a few weeks I'll be able to say: In one YEAR, we'll be yada yada yada.

Dang. I need a cruise booked between now and then. This is just waaaay too long to have to wait! November 18th, 2009 is a loooong time from now!!

That's so sad.:(

Archived