Odd Cruise Habits??

CruiznWithHubby

I have always done this! My family gets so tired of me!

Several years ago i worked for a veterinarian who was as much a cruise nut as I am. I took a cruise on Carnival right about the same time he took a cruise on Royal Carribbean. Our itineraries were almost identical. For months it seems after we both got back we would greet each other in the morning with "It's Embarkation Day" or Welcome to St. Maarten," stuff like that. It was a lot of fun having someone to joke around with about cruising that didn't roll their eyes at you all the time!

We do the "At this time..." comments too. Also, I printed out the menus for a 7 day cruise, and we are going through them each night as we eat dinner to think about what we would order that night. So far, there is one night that I want all of the Starters, and none of the Entrees. My husband then found Crabcake Night. I do not think there will be a crabcake left for anyone else. Thank goodness we have late seating. ;)

Since it's Monday, today is a Sea Day. I'm probably hanging out by the pool with a tropical drink.

Mom and I play that game often, going by the day of the week (or whatever port we feel we want to be in...i.e. if it's been a bad day, then today was Cozumel!)

My DH and I are exactly the same as you all!! Yesterdy about 4:35 I took the laptop out ot the garage where my DH and DSS(Darling Stpe Son:D ) were doing whatever it is they do there. I had the Port Cam up and we all watched the Mariner leave port "that will be us in 3 weeks !!!" Then I emailed a copy of the menus for our 7 days to our 10 traveling companions! DH has been having a stressful time at work, so I just keep telling him x # of days until Florida, X # of days til we have our first drink of the day, etc.

And Saturday we broke out the suit case, did a test run to see if 4 adults and their luggagae can fit in our SUV. It was tight, but we can do it! then we shopped and strted packing!:D

We do the countdown thing, too but also with our family land vacations. About a month before we go, a paper or dry erase board goes on the refrigerator where we tally how many days left and then include a word of the day complete with picture. Words of the day might be shrimp, body boarding, sand castles, etc. (I know - sometimes they're more than 1 word) We also fight about how to calculate days left. My husband insists you don't count the day you're on and you don't count the day you leave. Because we often leave very early in the morning - sometimes we don't count the day before we leave.:) Anything to make it sound better. According to Carnival I cruise in 147 days - but I'm not sure if they know how to count right!

I have a crew of about 32 people going and at least half of us are bonified and certifiably nuts. My OCD kicks in the first time I have to scrape my windshiled and gets progressivley worse as the days close in. I'm an old pro at the "we'll be doing this right now at such & such" thing. I'll be coming up with about 357 different intineraries for excursions, changing them another 63 times and then finally settle down after I do the "hey look what I found that we can do" game for a couple of more months.

5 weeks from today we will be in Key West shopping - I have been told by my kids that I need an intervention lol. My DH is just as bad only he is a little more restrained than I am. We always do the "in so many days we will be ..." thing. I think it is just part of the cruise addiction. My suitcase has been ready to be packed and some things packed since our last cruise - it is never put away ever. My cats like to sleep on it anyway lol.

It kind of drove my husband crazy at first..I would say every afternoon when I checked emails...ONLY 290 days till we cruise!..My daily countdown....He would just kind of roll his eyes and say..BOY thats right around the corner...To which I would say..It will be here before you know it...

One day I got side tracked and missed my daily announcement..Mark said...Honey what is today??I said Weds....He laughed and said///NO..its 39 days until we cruise!...I laughed and rolled my eyes Boy thats just right around the corner!..He said yeah you were right its here before we knew it...

Honestly I think its almost more fun planning and anticipating a cruise than taking one..:)

Kelly

Honestly I think its almost more fun planning and anticipating a cruise than taking one..:)

Kelly

My DH thought I was nuts before our 2nd cruise. I was online looking on here, the carnival site, and researching all kinds of excursions. One day it finally hit him. Planning everything was just as much fun to me as the actual trip. From that point on, he stopped rolling his eyes at me when I would call him away from the TV to see something else I had found online.:D

It is so funny that this thread is running today.I booked my cruise on the splendor to buenos aires in june 07 when everyone laughed at how excited i was about something that was happening so far into the future.

Well.now that it is under 100 days to departure i am just beside myself with excitment which is worse because due to ill health and the expense of the south american cruise i havnt been able to cruise this year at all.

Theres the background,now for the funny part.I work in a childrens home with adolescents and last night i was having difficulty getting a twelve year old up to bed.In that way that kids can do she was trying to stretch it out as long as she could and wasnt pleased when i wouldnt give in to her.As she flounced up the stairs she turned round ,tossed her hair and said"I wish it was another 98 days and you were on your cruise"But what was even funnyier was the 16 yr old going up behind her who rolled her eyes and without missing a beat said"dont be silly,it was 98 days on friday its only 96 today.I think I may have them brainwashed:D

It is so funny that this thread is running today.I booked my cruise on the splendor to buenos aires in june 07 when everyone laughed at how excited i was about something that was happening so far into the future.

Well.now that it is under 100 days to departure i am just beside myself with excitment which is worse because due to ill health and the expense of the south american cruise i havnt been able to cruise this year at all.

Theres the background,now for the funny part.I work in a childrens home with adolescents and last night i was having difficulty getting a twelve year old up to bed.In that way that kids can do she was trying to stretch it out as long as she could and wasnt pleased when i wouldnt give in to her.As she flounced up the stairs she turned round ,tossed her hair and said"I wish it was another 98 days and you were on your cruise"But what was even funnyier was the 16 yr old going up behind her who rolled her eyes and without missing a beat said"dont be silly,it was 98 days on friday its only 96 today.I think I may have them brainwashed:D

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL priceless:p Holly

We do the countdown thing, too but also with our family land vacations. About a month before we go, a paper or dry erase board goes on the refrigerator where we tally how many days left and then include a word of the day complete with picture. Words of the day might be shrimp, body boarding, sand castles, etc. (I know - sometimes they're more than 1 word) We also fight about how to calculate days left. My husband insists you don't count the day you're on and you don't count the day you leave. Because we often leave very early in the morning - sometimes we don't count the day before we leave.:) Anything to make it sound better. According to Carnival I cruise in 147 days - but I'm not sure if they know how to count right!

LOL,,,I know what you mean,,,,Carnival says I cruise in 7 days,,,,my cruise counter says 6,,,but really,,,,next Monday is SEVEN days,,,,,OTOH,,,today is almost over, and we leave on the 3rd, so I shouldn't have to count those,,,,so,,,

I CRUISE IN FIVE DAYS??? sounds good to me :) Holly

I do that too. Last night I was saying...at this time next week, we'd be dancing the night away on our cruise! Also, starting about 10 days before I start saying how many "sleeps" are left until we leave. I also write it on the bathroom mirror in lipstick every day. I do this with other things too. I still have "1 more sleep, love your future wife" written on the mirror that I wrote the day before we got married. LOL
How funnYy!! We do the same thing only we count "wake-ups!!":D

That's too funny!:D

kids love it when mom an dad are going somewhere,and they get to stay behind, It is the test to see if they are adult enough, to be good and handle things,when mom and dad are gone:))), Iam sure they will be good :))enjoy your cruise;) :D

Even tho my DW of 36 years loves to cruise, I am the one with OCD. I do all the planning and she knows nothing is going amiss with only one of us planning. Right now she is working 60 hour weeks so cruising is not a priority. I on the other hand am working 40 hour weeks, a first in a long time.

Right after we agreed on a ship (mostly by my suggestions and research) we went to the TA and put down a down payment. When we got home I marked the calendar and numbered the days. I went as far as making the final payment very early to make it seem more real. We have even stored EVERYTHING that we are taking in our checked luggage. In 10 more days (MOL) I will sit on the front porch and have my customary 90 day out pina colada with island music blaring. People at work are calling me Captain because I follow the cruise boards. I was even given a box of Dramamine and a captains hat.

Well, you'll with OCD fear not, you have many right there with you.

Miracle 2/09/09

Cliff

Archived