What type of bottled water on Orchestra?

LadyLeo84

Just wondering if anyone knows what type of bottled water the Orchestra has? Is it mineral water or just plain water? Just trying to plan ahead for our cruise in January. Last year when we were on the Costa Mediterranea all they had was mineral water! Yuck.

Just wondering if anyone knows what type of bottled water the Orchestra has? Is it mineral water or just plain water? Just trying to plan ahead for our cruise in January. Last year when we were on the Costa Mediterranea all they had was mineral water! Yuck.

MSC use Italian mineral water - still and sparkling - sorry can't remember the make. However if you prefer iced water then it's available at meal times in the dining rooms when the ships are in the caribbean. it's only when they are in europe that you have to buy bottles of water at meals

Thanks AmoMondo for the info!! Looks like I will just have to take bottled water on board with me. I am used to drinking just plain bottled water (tastes like what they give you at dinner) which is what I mostly drink on the ship and while on excursions. I was afraid that MSC might also go the same way as Costa since they are both European.

Forgot to say on port days they sell bottles of water 500ml that are in plastic bottles and they also have them at the bars too. To be honest I'm so used to drinking still water that is bottled I never notice any difference in taste when it's mineral or other forms of bottled water, so could not tell you if it's also mineral or not. I'm sure you will have no problem getting the kind of water you want onshore in the caribbean though

Forgot to say on port days they sell bottles of water 500ml that are in plastic bottles and they also have them at the bars too. To be honest I'm so used to drinking still water that is bottled I never notice any difference in taste when it's mineral or other forms of bottled water, so could not tell you if it's also mineral or not. I'm sure you will have no problem getting the kind of water you want onshore in the caribbean though

Maybe mineral water tastes different in different countries. I don't like the taste of mineral water at all, as it tastes totally different to plain water.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the same cruise as you. Are you part of the Concerts @ Sea group? Check out the January 17th thread and chat with us. We are looking to meet other cruisers.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks AmoMondo for the info!! Looks like I will just have to take bottled water on board with me. I am used to drinking just plain bottled water (tastes like what they give you at dinner) which is what I mostly drink on the ship and while on excursions. I was afraid that MSC might also go the same way as Costa since they are both European.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has recently been on the Orchestra and was able to bring bottled water aboard. We did this a couple of years ago on NCL and it worked out nicely. Even brought two six packs of mini sodas -- hate to pay the exorbitant prices for beverages. We can do with the soft drinks but the water is a must.

The water purification system on all modern ships produces a healthier water lower in salt and other chemicals than the majority of bottled waters. It is not necessary to carry aboard or purchase aboard bottled water since the ship's tap water, cabins included, is perfectly good to drink. I can't believe MSC would make unbottled water difficult to obtain in the dining room whether in Europe or anywhere else.

progress.gif

The water purification system on all modern ships produces a healthier water lower in salt and other chemicals than the majority of bottled waters. It is not necessary to carry aboard or purchase aboard bottled water since the ship's tap water, cabins included, is perfectly good to drink. I can't believe MSC would make unbottled water difficult to obtain in the dining room whether in Europe or anywhere else.

progress.gif

I completely agree that the chilled tap water they serve in the Caribbean/US is perfectly fine to drink. However it is not readily available in Europe. If you want water with your meal on a European cruise, your choice is to buy still or sparkling water. Whilst this may seem unbelievable to you, this is a European line with European traditions. Having to buy bottled water is the norm in many European countries and at least the price they charge is about a third of the prices I encountered in Paris 2 months ago

I have lived in So America for most of the past 9 years. Bottled water ( con o sin gas) is the norm in restaurants. The reason may have something to do with the quality of the tap water. Aboard a ship the quality of the tap water is not an issue. If I were on board an MSC ship in europe I would insist on water that was provided free of charge European traditions notwithstanding. I can assure you that my choices would exceed those you describe even if not the norm.

I just returned from an 11 Europe cruise on the Orchestra, at dinner time they had two choices, as they would say in broken english, do you want with gas, or without? The regular non-gas water tasted completely normal to me. It was 2.60 Euros a bottle. Now this can all change once it comes to North America though.

If I were on board I would insist on a jug or glass of iced tap water at no charge whether I was in Europe, the Caribbean, or Lake Titicaca. If my request was not honored pleasantly and promptly I would be meeting with the head waiter, maitre 'd , dining room mgr and/or hotel mgr until I received my water promptly. If none of these people gave me satisfaction I would remove all service charges. I would also be sure to bring a pitcher of water with me and ask the waiter for lots of ice.

After the cruise I would then write to the various cruise forums to advise others what absolutely dreadful service MSC provides.

I think I am going to call MSC and inquiry if they plan to have spring or mineral h2o. I wish I can bring my own 8oz water bottles and be done with it. I know I will be lookin' for water from a bottle during our cruise in January to the caribbeans.

I will reply on this posting if I get info. Or I will post after the cruise and hope for the best.

Archived