Voyager in the Atlantic

cruzadict

My husband and myself are thinking of doing the Cape Town to Rio journey next November. Has anyone done this type of itinerary and how does the Voyager handle rough seas. I am hoping that as it will be going south the seas should be relatively calm! How about pre and post cruise packages through RSS.

I haven't done a transatlantic, so I can't comment, although I believe often the seas are very calm. But you never know I guess. Voyager is pretty stable in rough weather, although not as stable as a megaship I think--we've been on her in some pretty rough weather in the Atlantic off Spain.

As for pre- and post-cruise packages, they are notorious for being scandalously expensive. It's usually much better to arrange your own hotels, or have an local agency do it for you. We usually do Regent Air, since they put together good open-jaw prices usually, and they usually have a decent Business air upgrade rate.

We're booked on the Rio-FLL segment of that trip, and will no doubt do a pre-cruise in Rio.

Lynn and I did the FLL-Cape Town in Jan of '06 aboard Voyager. The trip from Rio to Cape Town was smooth as silk; not even a ripple. November might be a bit different. Navigator is doing Cape Town-Rio next month. You might want to check the boards for that cruise regarding weather.

My husband and myself are thinking of doing the Cape Town to Rio journey next November. Has anyone done this type of itinerary and how does the Voyager handle rough seas. I am hoping that as it will be going south the seas should be relatively calm! How about pre and post cruise packages through RSS.

Due to a mix of work commitments and air arrangement problems I'm seriously considering rethinking my vacation plans for 2009 and this cruise is one that I am considering switching one of my bookings to...I believe we were on the same QM2 crossing from NY to S'hampton in June of last year. Hopefully this crossing will have better weather with no foggy or wet days - and we'll have the added bonus of gaining hours instead of losing them every other day (I think).

Anne

Archived