Christmas Weather in Cayman??? Help

lcalle

Typically what is the weather like down there during christmas??

Im starting to get a little worried about it being yucky or cold. That is not why I payed the 1276 I payed..

I wanted it to be warm and beautiful.. was i being a dreamer?

We always go to Grand Cayman in late December, January or early February and the weather is wonderful! It's hot, but without the humidity. Almost every time we've been there, they have short afternoon showers, but it's nothing that disrupts anything we're doing, in fact, the short showers are always welcome (it cools us down!). The water that time of the year is also nice.

Another thing I love about going there that time of year is looking at the Christmas decorations! I love the palm trees that are wrapped in Christmas lights.

You're going during their peak season...so enjoy. It's the only time of year we'll visit Grand Cayman. :)

Im starting to get a little worried about it being yucky or cold.

LOL! :D Come to Toronto for the holidays...now that's yucky and cold! There's a reason I spend them in Cayman!

Here's some weather links that might reassure you:

http://www.gocayman.ky/weather.html

http://www.caymanislands.ky/tour_guide/15day.aspx

http://www.caymanislands.ky/faq/default.aspx#QA_4_2

Yucky and cold in Cayman means highs in the low 70's with rain and wind. That is more likely in Sept and Oct than Christmas time.

We talk about the "Christmas winds" in Cayman though I'm not sure how much validity there is to that. It seems that some years we have strong (30+ mph) winds for a week or two during the Christmas to New Years season. In a case like that, it is likely that cruise visits would be cancelled.

Yucky and cold in Cayman means highs in the low 70's with rain and wind. That is more likely in Sept and Oct than Christmas time.

We talk about the "Christmas winds" in Cayman though I'm not sure how much validity there is to that. It seems that some years we have strong (30+ mph) winds for a week or two during the Christmas to New Years season. In a case like that, it is likely that cruise visits would be cancelled.

I could deal with Cayman's yukky and cold! I made the mistake of going out to get the mail when it was yukky and cold here, and I ended up with frozen hair. lol And to make it worse, it was windy, so my hair was sticking out in one direction and frozen!

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was there around Christmas time there was several inches of snow and below freezing!!!

Oh wait, you said Cayman... not Canada! Sorry, my bad!

Really, the weather in Cayman in late December and early January is absolutely beautiful! 80's and perfect!

Archived