Blank pages for Chinese visa

cadcruiser

I understand that two blank pages on a passport are required for a Chinese visa. Does anyone know if these two pages are filled immediately when the visa is obtained? I have four blank pages left on my visa and also other partial pages but I have one more trip to go on after I apply for my visa but before my trip to China.

My passport is only two years old and I'm hoping I don't have to apply for a new one.

I understand that two blank pages on a passport are required for a Chinese visa. Does anyone know if these two pages are filled immediately when the visa is obtained? I have four blank pages left on my visa and also other partial pages but I have one more trip to go on after I apply for my visa but before my trip to China.

My passport is only two years old and I'm hoping I don't have to apply for a new one.

Just get additional pages added. You can even order a new passport when you renew with 48 pages instead of the standard 24.

Chinese visa takes a whole page. Then you must have at least 2 more spaces for entry/exit stamps, if you are flying direct into Mainland China. If you are flying into HKG, THEN mainland China, more spaces are needed. Toughest place I have found is entry back into the USA. IF they don't have an EASY place to stamp your passport, they throw a BIG fit. And one told DH that he would NOT be allowed re-entry with his almost filled passport. He got more pages within a week.

Very easy-no additional fee. Just send in your passport, send in the form required and viola, passport with additional pages. OR if you are in a foreign country with a USA consulate/embassy, they can USUALLY add pages on the spot. But you MUST verify this with the country you will be in. Some of the embassies have some pretty weird hours.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

Just get additional pages added. You can even order a new passport when you renew with 48 pages instead of the standard 24.

Chinese visa takes a whole page. Then you must have at least 2 more spaces for entry/exit stamps, if you are flying direct into Mainland China. If you are flying into HKG, THEN mainland China, more spaces are needed. Toughest place I have found is entry back into the USA. IF they don't have an EASY place to stamp your passport, they throw a BIG fit. And one told DH that he would NOT be allowed re-entry with his almost filled passport. He got more pages within a week.

Very easy-no additional fee. Just send in your passport, send in the form required and viola, passport with additional pages. OR if you are in a foreign country with a USA consulate/embassy, they can USUALLY add pages on the spot. But you MUST verify this with the country you will be in. Some of the embassies have some pretty weird hours.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/add/add_850.html

Thanks greatam for your response. I am from Canada and we are no longer able to add pages to our passport.

I do have room for stamps in my passport but many of the pages are partially taken up. Some have only one stamp on them. You mention that only one whole page is originally taken up with the visa. Does there have to be one additional page blank page or can the stamps be used on partially used pages?

Thanks greatam for your response. I am from Canada and we are no longer able to add pages to our passport.

I do have room for stamps in my passport but many of the pages are partially taken up. Some have only one stamp on them. You mention that only one whole page is originally taken up with the visa. Does there have to be one additional page blank page or can the stamps be used on partially used pages?

I travel a lot internationally for business-Asia and South America primarily. I just know that with MY passport, the immigration officers get kind of nasty when they can't just flip to a blank page and stamp their stamp. They seem to absolutely HATE having to "look" for a space. But of course, then they are the ones who stamp in the middle of the page and not in the nice little boxes. Who knows how they think???? I really can't give you an specific advice if you have to get a new passport to get new pages. YMMV

We also require two blank pages for our visa and even though I still had 18 months to go on my passport, I only had one blank page left so I renewed my passport earlier this month in preparation for getting our Chinese Visa.

I did have lots of pages with stamps here and there but knowing that the Chinese are very particular I thought it prudent to get the new passport.

Jennie

Archived