How obstructed is an obstructed view?

Luckysll

I just booked a very last minute cruise (Nov. 12th 8 day Mex Riviera on Carnival Spirit).

The cabin I got - for a VERY good price I might add - is a 7A balcony with an obstructed view. I know it will be a view of the lifeboats and I'm just thrilled to be on a cruise, so it will not ruin the cruise in any way. I'll still enjoy being out on the balcony. This will be my third trip on the Spirit and I (obviously) love the ship.

Just wondered if someone who has been in one of these cabins would tell me what the view is actually like. Is it looking at the side of the lifeboat? Across the top of the lifeboat? Anyone have a picture?

I have never had one but did find these pics on webshots!!

1387234659000485065S600x600Q85.jpg

1387235121000485065S600x600Q85.jpg

2636594940067269566S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. That's better than I expected, but I figure....it's a cruise, it's a balcony and it's the Spirit.....so I'm not complaining :D

If you can pick your cabin, pick one of the 7A's that are aft, as opposed to forward. The lifeboats that are forward are the larger ones and will block more of the view. The aft lifeboats are the smaller ones and don't block the view.

We had a 7A aft on the Miracle and it was fantastic! Easy access to the Lido Deck and Buffet to bring down breakfast in the morning and spoil my DH!

If you can pick your cabin, pick one of the 7A's that are aft, as opposed to forward. The lifeboats that are forward are the larger ones and will block more of the view. The aft lifeboats are the smaller ones and don't block the view.

We had a 7A aft on the Miracle and it was fantastic! Easy access to the Lido Deck and Buffet to bring down breakfast in the morning and spoil my DH!

Since the cruise was so last minute, I didn't have a choice...the only balcony cabin that came up was the one I took, but it IS an aft 7A, so thanks for the info.

Archived