HELP need advice!!! Cruise is paid but should we go???

cmarrero1014

Life is too short. No one goes to their grave wishing they had worked more. Go, forget about the stress & deal with it when you come home. Use moderation on the cruise but GO!!!!! (I am telling you, you will not regret it)

Good luck---things will turn around--they always do!

I've told this story many times when the others have posted with the same situation so I will be repeating myself when I tell my story.

We had scheduled our first cruise on the Sensation for January 1997. The first week in December 1996 my DH was informed that the retail store he had managed for almost 30 yrs would be closing in February 1997. Our cruise was paid in full and after some discussion we decided to go on the cruise.

After a wonderful cruise we came back and he worked until the store closed the middle of February. Shortly after the store closed he was approached by a major appliance company about opening his own retail store. We opened our first store in August 1997.

11 years and over 25 crusies later we have a thriving retail business which we work at together (along with our wonderful employees) 6 days a week.

Remember the saying that when one door closes another one opens.

I know as an employer that if I was in the process of hiring/interviewing someone and they told me they had a vacation planned I would still hire them anyway. Don't think I would want to work for someone who didn't understand the situation-means they are not very flexible.

Well I talked to my buddy yesterday and told him DW and I will be going as planned on the trip:D! This was of course happy news and we can't wait to go down.

DW was approved for unemployment on Saturday but she would rather be working. The search is still active for her and she has another working interview today. She was not extended offers from her other two interviews but for what we feel are positive reasons: overqualified and speciality experience:rolleyes:.

alamogirl I hope your husband is doing well and thanks to all for your support. I'll post again soon with another update.

Great decision!! Go and have a wonderful time. Thank you for asking, my DH got a good report at rehab today!! He is on his way to recovery.

Just had to chime in...glad you are going. Besides family memories, some of our best memories are of our cruises. When you get that new job and the office is closing in on you...remember the cruise, it will put a smile on your face. Have a great time...happy cruising.

Two weeks before our wedding, my husband was laid-off and on top of that we bought a house 2 months before. Cancelling the honeymoon was never an option. We went on the 10days Honeymoon cruise in Europe and had the best time of our life. Vacation time is too precious to allow random things happen in life to ruin it.

Look at the cruise as celebration of career change!:D

Archived