Weight Limit?

dleighb

I don't think that I own that many suitcases and bags. . .

Did that all fit in your cabin? I am only in a guaranteed VF. If I brought that much, I don't think it would all that will fit in my cabin. Although it does give me room to argue bringing the extra scrapbooking supplies to work on while cruising!

Most airlines have a 50 lb limit per bag, the cruise doesn't care.
LOL ... I was fine heading to my 35-day cruise ... my one bag came in well under United's weight limit.

Going home was another story. My bag weighed in at 49.4 pounds. Then I had "grown" to a second suitcase which cost me an extra $25 to bring home.

Funny how the quantity/weight of luggage can increase on the trip home, huh?

Blue skies ...

--rita

1st extra bag was $25.00

2nd + extra bags were $50.00 each

After 10 extra bags they give you a crying towel and a sympathy card. Trust me I know.

Sweet Mary, Mother of God ... how did you even manage to handle all that luggage?

I could barely handle the one large and one small suitcase I had, plus the laptop and carryon!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Sweet Mary, Mother of God ... how did you even manage to handle all that luggage?

I could barely handle the one large and one small suitcase I had, plus the laptop and carryon!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Remember, they drove to the port, they didn't arrive by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :)

We flew from ft lauderdale to Orlando and was picked up there.

How do we handle all that luggage. The call it porters and they earn their tips when they take us on.

After 25 years in the military we do not practice to be miserable anymore.

Will not tell you what excessive baggage charges were on that airplane but could hav e eaten at a gourmeit restaurant for what it cost.

Ruth & Jim

Remember, they drove to the port, they didn't arrive by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :)

LOL ... I should hope not! I can't imagine how big a parachute you would need to support the weight of all that luggage! :)

Yeah, but they got the big luggage overcharge bill at an airport, right? So that would mean that for this cruise, at least, they had to fly.

True, you can use porters ... but you still have to round up all that luggage and organize it as it comes off the carosel ... before you can summon a porter to help you with it.

I still wouldn't want to deal with a lot of luggage when flying. When driving, yes, it would seem to be a whole lot easier.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The weight limit is for the airlines only.

I know this doesn't address the OP, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Since we just took AmTrak from San Diego to the OC, I might mention that they DO have a 50lb limit, and don't just charge you more, but refuse to load them onboard.

On our recent trip back, there was a young man unloading his suit case into a cardboard box (provided by Amtrak) because it was over 50lbs.

Airlines have a weight and quantity limit

Holland America does not have a weight or a quantity limit (Thank God).

We drive to the port whenever possible.

Luggage on one of the cruises where we drove to the port.

Ruth & Jim

Were those bags of cat food and bicycle in the photo going on the trip?

Since we just took AmTrak from San Diego to the OC, I might mention that they DO have a 50lb limit, and don't just charge you more, but refuse to load them onboard. On our recent trip back, there was a young man unloading his suit case into a cardboard box (provided by Amtrak) because it was over 50lbs.

Gee, I must weigh my bags carefully because in Dec I am flying into LAX and taking Amtrak down (better schedule, cheaper). Either that or schlep the bags myself.

Cat Litter = My wife has a urinary problem....

Not really. Could not resist setting them out just for the effect. We have argued over the 3 wheel bicycle though. She says people use scooters so why can't she use a 3 wheeler.

One of these day I will take it...

Ruth & Jim

We really have a lot of fun when we travel. 1 -2 of the suitcases are full of slippers that we give away to the crw as presents...

Ruth & Jim

103904106_514GuestRelationsManager.jpg.dbd6d580db6d0a6ff1d7c3833fcd0679.jpg

1997795328_515WaitressOceansbar.jpg.a5d04a845cf3eb1d741afef2e4adda76.jpg

171040688_478WaitreeinnewFormalwear.jpg.fd183ca4398d0c9385e9adadf5cb94b5.jpg

Since we just took AmTrak from San Diego ...
I heard on the news that the City of San Diego is looking for the missing AmTrak. The DA said that if it was returned before 6:00am tomorrow, no questions would be asked.

Weight limit!!!:eek: Let me slip off my shoes!!! No NOOO! Ooooh the bags, - whoops. (now I'm mortified!!!) Yeah, let me remove the books, - twinkies and chocolate stay - as I may not find my proper nutritional balance on board!!!:D

Archived