Pacific Dawn- is the food really that bad?

PRIDDO

We are considering a 28 day cruise on Pacific Dawn next year but I am concerned with some of the postings and the reference to the really bad food.

For us the food is a big part of the holiday (closely followed by the gym to work it off again).

I would love to hear people's opinion on the food in the main dining room as well as the buffet. How did you find the quality and the variety? (one a previous Princess cruise I was not thrilled with the main dining room but found the buffet to be excellent so we chose to eat there most of the time- it was 24 X7 with a stunning variety and good quality)

We have to make our mind up by Friday, so all help will be appreciated.

We were on PD in November and we loved the food. I will point out that I am a wife & mother. Could make a difference as any meal prepared by someone elso is good in my opinion;) . But, hubby also loved it (and so did the kids). We ate mainly in the dining room. Always had brekky & dinner in there but mostly had lunch in the buffet.

It also depends on what you're used to. If you're someone who eats out a lot at 5 star+ restaurants then you may think differently. For us however (who rarely eat out & when we do it's usually the local pub), we thought it was wonderful.

We sailed on PD last December and really enjoyed the meals. We have just returned from cruise W829 12th October and felt the standard had improved. We dined in the "Palm Court" every night except one when we visited the "Steakhouse" where there is an expanded and new menu. Had the best steak ever!!

Lunch was usually in the Palm Court - we like table service - however, breakfast was always buffet style in the Cafe de Sol.

I think no matter the variety and how good the meals are it's always nice to come home to roast lamb and three vegies!!

Only 208 sleeps to our next cruise on "Pacific Dawn"!

Cheers,

Roy

We have travelled on PD in June and we found the food very very good

the quality and presentaion particularly the dining room

I wud have no hesitation in travelling on a 28dey cruise

Hey, Cookie:) you spying on us again??:p

Good to see you hanging around, hey you weren't on my June cruise spying then??...well you must have been cos that was the only cruise in June:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

OMG - The food was fantastic, so good that Hubby put on 5 kilos and i put on 3kgs thats the only bad thing about the food, there is so so much of it and so many different varieties that i had to have a taste of it all.

Breakfast was amazing with all the hot foods, toast (made right in front of you,) bacon, eggs (every way imagine) sausages, pancakes, hash browns, Wedges, baked beans, fried tomato. Lots of cakes and pastries as well as all your breakfast cereal (full creamed milk or lite) and fruit. Also was provided tubs of yogurt and juice.

Morning tea - fruit, cold meats, salad, pastries etc

Lunch was different everyday always had same sort of meat, chicken, vegetables, rice, pasta just cooked differently each day. There were always salad / fruit, pastries, bread rolls available.

Afternoon tea - fruit, cold meats, salad, pastries etc

Dinner was my highlight with so many to choose from (dinner is a must on the palm court) the service was fantastic! all the nights dinner were delicious. The only night i didn't eat there was the last night which was French night. I'm not a big fan of French food so we booked a night in the steak house which was also amazing but must admit the service and the variety of food was much better in the palm court. If you don't wish to dine in the steakhouse and do not like the menu for the following night (this is available on request) you can always look on the left hand side of the menu as it gives you a list of meals that are always available throughout the cruise.

As you can see there is always food available..

The food was amazing - Don't be afraid to ask for different sides. They will accommodate you on request.

Pizza, chicken, fries, kababs etc are also available on the lido deck. & Yummy icecream.

ENJOY - be prepared to put some kilos on, or you can go to the gym to work it off.

Regards

aussiescouser (Rose)

Hey, Cookie:) you spying on us again??:p

Good to see you hanging around, hey you weren't on my June cruise spying then??...well you must have been cos that was the only cruise in June:rolleyes:

Chez

xx

He must have been, Chez. Not very nice of him not to come & say "hi", was it?;)

Archived