Westerdam ~ a few questions

katier825

I was wondering what, if any little things HAL offers (Westerdam specifically). For example, on Princess they give away playing cards if you ask at the Purser's desk. Does HAL do anything like that?

Any other tidbits that a new HAL cruiser would enjoy?

Can anyone give a brief rundown of the check in process in FLL?

Thank you! :D

I was wondering what, if any little things HAL offers (Westerdam specifically). For example, on Princess they give away playing cards if you ask at the Purser's desk. Does HAL do anything like that?

Any other tidbits that a new HAL cruiser would enjoy?

Can anyone give a brief rundown of the check in process in FLL?

Thank you! :D

Just off the Westerdam so I will answer two of your questions.

I was at the desk in the Exploration Cafe when someone asked for a deck of cards. They did not have any. Don't know if they were out, or didn't carry.

Check in at FLL is a breeze. Make sure you have your online checkin done and printed out. When you enter the terminal, there will be someone checking for suite passengers. If you are, they will direct you, if not (like me) you just continue inside. Once inside you will get the health form to fill out. Then get in a reasonable (depending on what time you show up), quick moving line. When you get to a representative hand them your printout health form, and passport (or BC/DL). They will get your package, take your picture and send you to the ship. If you enter before 1:30pm you will be directed to the public areas until the cabins are ready.

Relax, have a drink if so inclined, take a breath -- you are about to have a great week.

Rich

We were on the Westerdam earlier this year. Each of us received a HAL tote bag which was nice.

HAL playing cards are available for sale in a shop on board.

That's nice. Do they do that for everyone, or just for suite passengers?

Some of the HAL touches that I particularly like are:

Your cabin will have a bowl of fruit which will be refilled periodically.

Nice little bottles of toiletries in the cabin bathroom.

Free cappuccino after dinner in the dining room (decaf and/or nonfat available).

Free chocolates in the Explorers Lounge after dinner, along with light classical music.

Have a wonderful time!

Just off the Westerdam so I will answer two of your questions.

Check in at FLL is a breeze. Make sure you have your online checkin done and printed out. When you enter the terminal, there will be someone checking for suite passengers. If you are, they will direct you, if not (like me) you just continue inside. Once inside you will get the health form to fill out. Then get in a reasonable (depending on what time you show up), quick moving line. When you get to a representative hand them your printout health form, and passport (or BC/DL). They will get your package, take your picture and send you to the ship. If you enter before 1:30pm you will be directed to the public areas until the cabins are ready.

Relax, have a drink if so inclined, take a breath -- you are about to have a great week.

Rich

Sounds similar to Princess. I was very curious because anytime we go, we never see lines outside the Holland terminal, vs. huge lines at Princess. Must just queue up inside, instead of outside.

Thanks!

Sounds similar to Princess. I was very curious because anytime we go, we never see lines outside the Holland terminal, vs. huge lines at Princess. Must just queue up inside, instead of outside.

Thanks!

We have never waited in line for a Holland cruise. I am sure there are times during the day that are busier, but we usually head over early... around 11:30 -12:00 and we have never waited more than a few minutes. It is a lovely set up!

Archived