Ecstacy - Empress or Upper deck - which is better

eventfarm

My PVP is wanting to book me in an Empress deck cabin (at a really good price). However, I've heard that it's better to book at least one deck down if noise is a concern.

It definitely is a concern for me - I want the quietest possible room!

She suggested E39 or E93, one is OV with the galleria above it. The other is IS with the dining room above it.

I'm also thinking that being on the E deck will be inherently noisier because it's a main deck.

I don't mind walking - but I absolutely need quite when I sleep.

I personally never book on the Empress deck, because you can never tell what noise will be above you.

Yes there are quiet locations and cabins there, but there are also really noisy ones (under the galley for example) so why take the chance?

I always book Upper or Verandah decks.

There is a reason that the Penthouse Suites (Category 12s) are on the Upper Deck. It's one of the quietest and most convenient...

They wouldn't put those cabins on Empress to take a chance on the noise levels there...

;)

I've had E52 & E56 on Elation. They were under the shops and very quiet, considering they weren't sandwiched between passenger decks. A bit too much motion that far forward for me.

Have had R133 and R140 on Fantasy. Both were excellent locations. Not too far forward. Had some really noisy neighbors when we were in R133. It sounded like they were a family with about 6 kids under the age of 5, and they all screamed all the time. :(

Have U99 on Fascination in a few weeks. Glad to hear that's a good location, too.

Upper deck is between two decks of cabin space and away from public areas.

Being under the dining room is ok-- because it is carpeted but there are some areas in the dining room that will be noisy-- example--is the waiters food service area-- no way to tell if your cabin is under on of those.

You also want to avoid at all costs being directly under the galley. this is where they start preparing food for the day in the wee hours of the morning.

Also avoid being under/over the piano bar as this can go on til well after midnight.

being over or under a lounge--make sure you are not by the stage area.

Archived