Carnival stock suspending dividend for 2009

firefly333

Rather than going to borrow $$$ in the capital markets, it will suspend its dividend all next year. Stock under pressure (down over $4 right now). Sees weaker bookings and will compensate by not paying out a dividend.

OK by me, wasnt that much money and I have 500 shares Im holding long term. Better long term to do this for the shareholders.

Good luck in booking all those raised prices in 2010 without lowering the new higher prices that they just raised today.

16% drop in stock price at this moment. Ouch! As you can See I am an NCL cruiser but all the lines are feeling it. Just like any other sector, each has it's own time to go down--it's own time to recover. Sorry about your stock value but the "dividend" for us all are the great cruise deals being offered. As you mentioned tho, some future cruise prices are coming up. This industry has grown relatively quickly and probably needs a "correction" like anything else that grows out of proportion to to a conservative forecast.

I guess since AIG didn't pony up the money that Carnival needed today (170 mil.,) they have decided to take away our sweet dividend. Since they have a totally convoluted way to remove the fuel surcharge instead of just removing it altogether, and their bookings are down almost 20% from last year, the answer is to punish the shareholders that have stood by them for years. With no dividend, a dismal booking rate, and oil down to BEFORE fuel surcharge price levels, what is the reason for owning the stock now other than the $100 OBC?

Carnival accounting practices work for the company, not for the shareholders.:mad:

I can hardly wait to dicker over fuel surcharges with my PVP in about 18 days......what a headache that's going to be.:rolleyes:

I can hardly wait to dicker over fuel surcharges with my PVP in about 18 days......what a headache that's going to be.:rolleyes:

What happens in 18 days? For Carnival the fuel surcharges came off as of today for 2010 bookings.

First RCL said bookings were down, Galveston for the first time are some bargains. I was already booked and locked into 3 Carnival cruises plus one on RCL now I got another, not confirmed but supposed to get a confirmation email soon. 5 for 2009.... and just got a email from Disney, who is giving a free 3 day cruise if you book a 7 day cruise between now and mid December.

I love sales, and everyone is having one with bookings down. The other one I booked this week is a buy 1 get your pick of another one free (still waiting to hear what exactly is free). Two dynomite cruises. So many of Carnival's and RCL's cruises, especially in September, were marked down unbelievably low. There are some real deals out there right now.

Archived