Booking next trip while on-board

mikepmcm

you don't have to know what cruise you want to book, they have two ways to book, one where you know the actual cruise and book it as such and the other one known as "Next Cruise" where you do a future booking but do not have to specify the actual cruise. Both depending on the length will get you On Board credit PER CABIN. 3-5 nights = $50 , 6-9 nights = $100 and 10+ = $200

Sometimes I know what I want to book while on board. Then other times I have just bought the NextCruise certificates for something that I want to book that may not be available yet, but may be available before I cruise again. :cool:

There's also a crew member called the Loyalty Ambassador and Future Cruise Consultant ("L.A." for short) to help you. They have the brochures, know the itineraries, and can provide advice, and you can decide whether to make a reservation for a specific departure, or to get a generic NextCruise booking. They have information for both Royal Caribbean and for Celebrity.

Also, if this is your first cruise, the L.A. can also give you the application for the Crown & Anchor Society. Just fill it in and either return it to the L.A. or put it in the designated box, and you'll become a Gold Member for your next cruise. Those forms are usually to be found either at the L.A.'s desk or at the Guest Relations desk.

Alan

This summer we talked about booking our next cruise, we knew where we were going next year so we had all the info. The OBC they offered was no where close to what we get from booking through Costco so we didn't go through with it. Do your research ahead of time to save the most.

While on the Freedom a few weeks ago we knew we wanted to book the Oasis, so we sat with the Loyalty Ambassador and reviewed pricing and timing, and chose an itinerary where the pricing had fallen (well, it had already risen 3 times before we booked, but it was MUCH cheaper than earlier itineraries) compared to some of her sailings. So, we booked a specific sailing. Since that sailing isn't until Sept 2010 we ALSO purchased the NextCruise certificate for an unidentified cruise. It never expires, and we really don't know which cruise we'll pick, but we plan for it to be before Sept 2010. I think I'm rambling now... :eek:

Before the FCB program came out, I used to try and look at future cruises before I cruised so that when I went on board I knew what I wanted. Plus they used to allow you to change it, so even if you picked a certain week or ship, you could change it to another ship and date and still get the onboard credit.

Before the FCB program came out, I used to try and look at future cruises before I cruised so that when I went on board I knew what I wanted. Plus they used to allow you to change it, so even if you picked a certain week or ship, you could change it to another ship and date and still get the onboard credit.

You can still change cruises booked on board to keep the OBC, you just have to make sure you keep the same booking number

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read on another thread that you could no longer combine C&A balcony discount with onboard booking credit. Please say this is not true.:confused:

You can do it, we just did. I think we couldn't use the coupon with the onboard booking credit.

Archived