Help I'm going stir-crazy!!!!

Sonyac

Okay, I know that we leave in exactly 4 days for our flight to Sydney and my lovely mother in law is coming to stay with my unruly brood whilst I am away but I have gone into Dizzy Lizzy mode and am cleaning my house from top to bottom! Add to that three very unhelpful children who have all said "I'll do it later" or just don't do it and I am going stir-crazy!!!! I have narrowed down the cleaning to one bathroom, kitchen, laundry, lounge room and washing the hallway floor but my kids need to dust and vacuum their rooms as well as put all their stuff away. Added to that is the 50 million loads of washing thanks to a backlog :( not to mention the nit treatment for the whole family thanks to my nephew and the stripping of beds and we have a nuclear disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I normally keep a fairly tidy house but I had a death in the family two weeks ago which has thrown me off kilter and I've suddenly gone into mega-cow mode and am very snappy because there is so much to do before we leave and so little time. I have a Melbourne Cup function on Tuesday which has ruled Tuesday out for cleaning, Monday is booked up with appointments for myself and Wednesday is the last minute help-I-needed-to-do-this-weeks-ago running around/packing/cleaning that I forgot about/didn't think about before.

Needed to vent whilst I sit and drink a well deserved coffee before my head explodes! I don't think I've ever stressed so much about going away on holiday! I am thinking it is because mother in law is coming to stay and I want the house to be nice and clean for when she is here, just to make her stay more welcome (not to mention the goody basket for being the chef/laundromat/disciplinarian/chauffeur/pet feeder whilst we are away).

Most would think I am nuts but for someone to look after my kids and look after my house whilst we are away, it is a complete godsend!

BREATHE SONYA, BREATHE. :eek: :eek:

......Kids will be fine

.....House will be fine

......Mother in law will be there

......Bags will be packed

......YOU WILL GO ON A CRUISE !!!!!!!

Sonja;)

I agree with Karen ...you need something stronger to drink. :D Then

Stop and take some big breaths:(

Then just do 1 task at a time.:confused:

Everything will be fine and I am sure your mother-in-law won't be expecting the house to be gleaming from top to bottom.

Enjoy your cruise and while you are gone, forget all about the house.....but not the kids.:D

I agree with Karen ...you need something stronger to drink. :D

Then

Stop and take some big breaths :(

Just do 1 task at a time.:confused :

Everything will be fine and I am sure your mother-in-law won't be expecting the house to be gleaming from top to bottom. :)

Enjoy your cruise and while you are gone, forget all about the house.....but not the kids. :D

Maybe you need something stronger;) :p .

My thoughts exactly.

Unless it is an Irish Coffee, it lacks the most important ingredient for these sorts of situations. I have had a similar week, but at work instead. I just bought a new cruise toy to get over it - a nice new SLR camera.

It is stressful leading up to the cruise, trying to remember evrything, do everything etc.

Mum in law is probably looking forward to spending time with the kids and she probably won't expect a spotless house.

As others have said - it's probably not coffee you need lol. Try to enjoy the frantic lead up.......you can put it all behind you in a few days.

Have a great cruise.

Ella

Sonya, you are really, really going to enjoy that sailaway cocktail. :)

Kick the kids up the butt, threaten destruction of their fave stuff if they don't help.

Your house doesn't need to be spotless. Just do the kitchen and bathroom, and MIL room. Leave the rest.

Take Karmac's advice and ditch the coffee and get stuck into the wine. We'll all have one with you, wouldn't want you to drink alone. ;)

Enjoy your cruise, it sounds as if you need it.

:) Sonya ..it will be fine ..4 days will pass before you know it ..

What gets me through times like this is just putting 1 step in front of the other and picturing where I will be in 2 weeks time ..

you just need to change that to this time next week !!

Good luck with it all

Alicia

Oh sonya you poor thing...I used to drive myself MAD on a tuesday night as my M-I-L used to look after my son here on a wednesday, so i do know where you are coming from..

BREATH!!! count to ten!!! and find a scotch!

Oh sonya you poor thing...I used to drive myself MAD on a tuesday night as my M-I-L used to look after my son here on a wednesday, so i do know where you are coming from..

BREATH!!! count to ten!!! and find a scotch!

Hi Sonya,

I too know what you're going through. Leading up to our cruise in September, my grandfather, who I was extremely close to, died, my mother was going to be all alone without no-one for support (family, that is), my husband was getting so much work in that he didn't know if he would get it done before we left and it was one thing, after another. Two weeks before the cruise we seriously contemplated cancelling it, but knew how disappointed the kids would be. Then hubbie said to go without him, that he'd stay back & work, but that didn't feel right either. I was packing at midnight the night before we left ... & I still forgot bits & pieces so I was at the shops as soon as they opened on Sunday morning (put that down to bad organisation!). And then once I set foot on the Pacific Dawn with cocktail in hand, I actually breathed a sigh of relief and couldn't believe all the hurdles we went through to finally make it. The cruise was just what we, as a family, needed to re-charge our batteries.

You're going to have the best time, better than you ever imagined!!!

PAC:)

Okay, it is a few hours later and everything is a little better.

Kicked the kids up the butt and the girls co-operated but Mister 15 is going to live in filth for the next 2 weeks even though he vacuumed his room there are dust bunnies that require names ;)

Have narrowed down the work to washing the entry floor, cleaning a bathroom, tidying up kitchen, vacuuming and washing kitchen floor and the 50 million loads of washing are now down to about 4 loads left to go with a broken washing machine lol. Hubby has managed to fix it so that it washes for us but we will require repairs when we get back :rolleyes:

Then I just need to make my boxes of love for my kids and pack my suitcase YAY!!!!! :D

I have breathed, cried, yawned and relaxed.

I have never laughed so hard though at all your replies. Melbourne Cup will see me totally off my face so will be drinking nice and heavy to prepare for the party on Thursday night in Sydney so the alcohol is taken care of. Tonight's beverage is Pepsi Max (No sugar lol) which I started at dinner. Am sitting with a shower cap on my head awaiting the rest of my nit treatment (what a sight lol) and just enjoying a very quiet evening with all kids in bed!

Okay, it is a few hours later and everything is a little better.

I have breathed, cried, yawned and relaxed.

I have never laughed so hard though at all your replies. Melbourne Cup will see me totally off my face so will be drinking nice and heavy to prepare for the party on Thursday night in Sydney so the alcohol is taken care of. Tonight's beverage is Pepsi Max (No sugar lol) which I started at dinner. Am sitting with a shower cap on my head awaiting the rest of my nit treatment (what a sight lol) and just enjoying a very quiet evening with all kids in bed!

It seems like you have calmed down a lot but I would love to see you sitting there with the shower cap on, haha:eek:

Anyway enjoy your cruise and have a cocktail for me....:)

Friday will be here before you know it.;)

Hi Sonya,

All I could think of when I was reading your post was, "thank god I'm not the only one".

Even though I don't leave for another 26 days, I am already driving my family nuts with everything that needs to be done before I leave. Apart from living in a small town, where I can't get everything that I need/want to take, Wayne & I also own our own business, which means that we will have managers (ie: strangers), living in our house and running our business for us while we are away. Consequently, I am scrubbing and washing everything and anything in sight. DH keeps saying, leave it they won't mind if it's not spotless and sparkling, but I know better.

Anyway, I hope that you have managed to do what you need to do, without bursting an artery in the process. Enjoy your cruise, you sound as if you will really need it by the time you leave.

Kristina

O Sonya, I think I better start cleaning now lol... and I have a year to go :P, agree with everyone else, as soon as you are on that ship all will be fine, enjoy that sail away drink I know I will be when my time comes... Lucky my mum knows what a disaster most of my house is at the best of times so if I can at least let her see my bedroom floor and all other floors in the house I'll be fine lol.. and with the nits don't get me started I hate the little bastards, I de nit with nit combs every morning just on the off change one hitchhikes home from school cause I learn't the hard way with that one...

Hope you have the best and fab time jealous for sure :D

Hi Sonya,

I know exactly how you feel, i'm feeling abit overwhelmed at the moment just thinking about all the things i have to get done over the next few weeks its doing my head in. Not long now and you will be on your cruise and hopefully feeling very relaxed.

Hi Everyone,

Feeling much more relaxed and sane :D

Have only those few things to do and then I can relax. On the positive note, I bought new jeans in a size smaller than the ones I currently wear :D Means the weight loss is working!!!!

Tomorrow's drinks are going to be fun too, have finally relaxed enough to know that I am doing ok with everything, have plenty of time up my sleeve to finish things and get everything prepared.

On the positive note, I bought new jeans in a size smaller than the ones I currently wear :D Means the weight loss is working!!!!

Hi Sonya,

Pack a bigger pair in case. Seems that most cruisers suffer from the salt air that shrinks their clothes!!;)

Archived