barhopping on CB question..

whitethunder

Hey guys, I'm going on my first cruise on the Caribbean princess in a few weeks in the southern Caribbean and was browsing around this board. I saw some old posts, like a few years ago, about a bar hopping thing on the CB. Like you get a card from one of the bars then if you get a drink at every bar, they stamp it and at the end you get a shirt or something.

Anyone know if this program is still in effect, maybe even if anyone has sailed recently and done this, I'd appreciate it.

Also, can you setup to bill drinks only to a different in room folio, (IE, I will pay my drinks on a separate bill than everythign else??)

Thanks a ton

Just to be clear ... Princess is cashless ... EVERYTHING you purchase on-board goes to your shipboard account. I've never heard of people running two accounts at the same time ... but I don't know for sure that you can't.

well, not sure what I'm going to do...

I basically have my entire cruise paid for and credit card on the room, that will pay for everything... EXCEPT DRINKS!!

what should I do in this case, just throw some cash down on the room at the purser's desk ?? Can I pay part of the bill for my cabin's folio on a separate credit card at the end of the cruise?? (IE tell the person upon departure that I want him to add up all drinks and charge them to my CC ??)

thanks

well, not sure what I'm going to do...

I basically have my entire cruise paid for and credit card on the room, that will pay for everything... EXCEPT DRINKS!!

what should I do in this case, just throw some cash down on the room at the purser's desk ?? Can I pay part of the bill for my cabin's folio on a separate credit card at the end of the cruise?? (IE tell the person upon departure that I want him to add up all drinks and charge them to my CC ??)

thanks

Your final bill onboard can be settled two ways. You can have them charge it to the credit card you assigned at the beginning of the cruise, OR you can settle up in cash before 11:00 PM the final night onboard. Your choice!

• 4 months later...

Why not look into if the ship will accept one of those Visa/American Express gift check cards. If so, use your CC to buy one for the amount you anticipate to drink. Or do what the other posters said and just lay down the cash at the Pursar's desk.

Why not look into if the ship will accept one of those Visa/American Express gift check cards. If so, use your CC to buy one for the amount you anticipate to drink. Or do what the other posters said and just lay down the cash at the Pursar's desk.

I remember reading where a CC'er checked into this and Princess said they would not accept these visa gift cards for securing or paying shipboard accounts. So, no first hand knowledge here, but I know someone posted that they made all the phone calls to check on this and even tried to use one to order credits with it, nope, they would not accept it. :(

Archived