Disappearing Cabins

I am booked on the Jewel of the Seas for the March 13 cruise. Based on the great advice I received from my fellow cruisers I was going to upgrade from a E1 cabin right at the front of the ship to a D1 as there are 4 of us. Last night there were several D1 cabins to choose from. Tonight there are none. Do travel agents buy up blocks of rooms or does RCCL just sometimes make certain categories unavailable.

Is this a common occurrence? Do rooms get returned to inventory?

I am booked on the Jewel of the Seas for the March 13 cruise. Based on the great advice I received from my fellow cruisers I was going to upgrade from a E1 cabin right at the front of the ship to a D1 as there are 4 of us. Last night there were several D1 cabins to choose from. Tonight there are none. Do travel agents buy up blocks of rooms or does RCCL just sometimes make certain categories unavailable.

Is this a common occurrence? Do rooms get returned to inventory?

Things can change at any time. Perhaps those were all reserved or put on hold last night. Tomorrow some may be back. Keep checking.

:)

You have to be so quick as rooms can appear and disappear quite quickly. What I have done is checked regularly and when the cabin appeared that I wanted, and I got over the shock, I grabbed it and put it on hold then called the TA and RCI who spoke to each other.....

Quite difficult to do as this is still a surprise and SO was sitting next to me at the time..... the look on his face when I did the victory dance was a picture!!

Archived