Atlantis Submarine

Cruzy Suzy

We are visiting Barbados on a cruise in January and would like to do the Atlantis Submarine trip. The excursion with the ship is expensive as there are four of us. Does any one know if it is possible to DIY it? Do you have to prebook it? Not sure about that would prefer to pay on the day but I suppose they get booked up. Is it secure to pay for something like this on the internet? Anyone got any first hand experience. Thanks.

We booked the Atlantis Submarine through RCI this past January. It is not that much more than booking on your own. The nice thing about booking through the cruise line was that we were able to be on the first trip of the day on the sub. That got us back in time to hit the beach and do some shopping.

This was an excellent excursion and worth the price. We took our two daughters on with us and they had a blast. It is a very well run operation and the crew is awesome. I asked if our daughters (7 and 9) could sit closer to the front so they could see better. They made sure they were right up front and could talk to the driver.

We went down to 145 feet. We have done the Atlantis Sub in other ports, but found the coral, fish, shipwreck and vegetation to be outstanding on the Barbados trip. I would recommend booking through the cruise line, plus that way, you have your transportation included too. You will not be disappointed with this operation. They also served a very tasty rum punch on the trip back to shore. Is there any place in the Caribbean that doesn't give out rum punch? Heh heh heh. :)

We are probably going to go on the Atlantis Sub excursion again when we go back to Barbados on the Serenade of the Seas this coming January.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

you will enjoy the sub trip it is a real eye opener experience... I went as journalist so cant tell you if it is cheaper at the dock. But go for it ! We took the one on Grand Cayman so I dont know how far it is to get to their place of departure. There are other ships in port and hotel guests.. so i would pay online since you could expect a full boat.....sshotz@hotmail.com:rolleyes:

..and if you can arrange to sit in those two seats immediately behind the pilot

(don't hurry...hang back and talk to the guys who load passengers down the two gangways)

you'll get this very interesting view, which will make it even more memorable!

Atlantis_0373.JPG

You'll want to be the very last two people going down the forward hatch

(at least we were) in order to secure those two seats right up front, behind the pilot.

It's worth organising this..and it doesn't take very much to do it..

..just knowing about it...you can thank me later :)

Archived