british cruiser questions

sandian

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I'm not sure what you mean.... if it's my posting you're talking about.... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]My booking is with a TA.... to get the price drop they confirmed the new price with RCI.... my original TA booking confirmation letter includes the original RCI confirmation letter with their prices... they honour the price drop, so as RCI is now charging less for my room than I agreed to pay the TA will pass on that change in price to me. I stick with the TA.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I don't know that TA T&C allow for RCI to take over the booking as they would lose the commission. Maybe someone else can confirm or otherwise.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sandian']This info is great but one more ? am I right in reading that you can change your booking from a TA to RCI and if so how.
Sandian[/quote]

To move your reservation you need to fax in a request.

I had quick look on RCCL UK site for this but at the moment I have only found the one for transferring from RCCL to a TA...not sure if it is the same form for the other way round. But will try find out for you tomorrow,unless someone else knows where to find it.:)

We are interested in buying RCCL stock but live in the UK has anyone bought stock and is the transaction relatively simple? I'm aware that we can't apply for a RCCL credit card but would like to benefit from the stock holder's OBC. These boards are wonderful for answering ...I wonder if.....
questions.
Thanks Marylyne

• 4 weeks later...
I was also considering booking with Thomas **** as their prices appear to be around 7-10% less than booking direct with RCI.
Looking at the posts, I guess that it would be better to book directly with RCI and hopefully get the benefit of any price drops should they happen. :)

However, there also seem to be quite a number of oceanview cabins left for our two options (Monarch on 10th April 09 or Grandeur on 9th April 09), so I am tempted to wait for the 90 day mark that some US TAs start discounting.

[quote name='NEWCRUISER176']We are interested in buying RCCL stock but live in the UK has anyone bought stock and is the transaction relatively simple? I'm aware that we can't apply for a RCCL credit card but would like to benefit from the stock holder's OBC. These boards are wonderful for answering ...I wonder if.....
questions.
Thanks Marylyne[/quote]

Hi
We bought stock some time back it's relatively easy.
We went to Natwest and got all the info, don't forget to tell them it's only on the New York stock exchange.

Roy

Thanks to Albert Ross and Elizanessie for the info they have at their fingertips regarding how to get pricedrops..take it from me they know the rules and how to get the deals that US/Canadians take for granted most of the time but Brits in general don't seem to know about or would even ask for!
I have benefited in the past from the help / info from both posters which achieved a price refund for me that Celebrity was trying to stick on my booking for receiving a "new invoice" when a price drop was applied and my then TA passed straight on to me .

Eventually we got that "fee" refunded and it taught me a lesson to read carefully and explore the advice /help/support from people like Albert and Liz with experience of what can go wrong and how to fix the problem.

For example today having come over from the Celebrity boards just to see what was going on with RCI... I have found out another "wrinkle"....we generally do flight inclusive and believed until now that if the price went down when you have a flight inclusive booking...you probably won't qualify for a price reduction...well it seems we might looking at what Albert says ...if the actual cabin price has gone down regardless of the flight part of the booking...now we need to watch out for that as we have been refused price drops before for that exact reason !! How can you get to someone in your direct booking contact who can tell you truthfully you do not qualify for a price drop? Any tips on who to ask to speak to?
I'd welcome any feedback on that!

Thanks ,
Yvonne

[quote name='mickfoxland']has anyone who has booked a cruise before december 1st asked about getting the VAT reduction on the price they paid at the TA
or if paid a deposit asked about the reduction on the balance
mick[/quote]

Hi Mick

I spoke with RCCL UK earlier in the week and here is what I was told-

Sorry short answer, NO the VAT drop wont affect cruise prices. :(

Long answer-

- All cruises call on ports of more than one country and are therefore
classed as "international passenger transport" for VAT purposes.

- International passenger transport is zero rated for VAT purposes.

- This means that no VAT is levied on the ticket price of the cruise.

- Please note that VAT may be applied to onboard goods / services dependent on itinerary and home port.

[quote name='mickfoxland']rccl have dropped the fuel surcharge
how do we get the fuel surcharge refund?[/quote]

It will be done automatically. :D

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]"Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance. "[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Elizanessie']It will be done automatically. :D

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]"Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance. "[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Sorry, I get confused about this surcharge thing:rolleyes:
We paid ours in full, sail Feb 1st, so do we get an OBC for each room booked and if so how much per person?

Thanks! You know EVERYTHING:)

[quote name='Lushpuppy']Sorry, I get confused about this surcharge thing:rolleyes:
We paid ours in full, sail Feb 1st, so do we get an OBC for each room booked and if so how much per person?

Thanks! You know EVERYTHING:)[/quote]

Your invoice will say how much each person paid,this depends what the fuel surcharge was when you booked.:)

So if you paid $70 pp Fuel Surcharge then each person will get that as OBC :)

For our NV 5 nighter cruise in May our fuel surcharge was £25/£25 & £12.50 (we have triple booked) so hopefully next week we will be issued with new invoice which is £62.50 lower :D

[quote name='lucky white heather']Than

I have found out another "wrinkle"....we generally do flight inclusive and believed until now that if the price went down when you have a flight inclusive booking...you probably won't qualify for a price reduction...well it seems we might looking at what Albert says ...if the actual cabin price has gone down regardless of the flight part of the booking...now we need to watch out for that as we have been refused price drops before for that exact reason !! How can you get to someone in your direct booking contact who can tell you truthfully you do not qualify for a price drop? Any tips on who to ask to speak to?
I'd welcome any feedback on that!

Thanks ,
Yvonne[/quote]
Yvonne, we are flight inclusive and as you will see from my previous post we got a reduction of £400

[quote name='sddsddean']What did you do Liz? Phone them up and ask if it was off or look somewhere on the website?

Simon[/quote]

Hi Simon :D

I just logged into "My Cruises" on the RCCL UK website and looked in my NV reservation and noticed it had been reduced by the Fuel Surcharge. :D

[quote name='Elizanessie']Hi Simon :D

I just logged into "My Cruises" on the RCCL UK website and looked in my NV reservation and noticed it had been reduced by the Fuel Surcharge. :D[/quote]
I've checked all three of our booked cruises and can't find prices anywhere on the Royal Caribbean site. Could this be because we've booked via the US?

Same here. I know 2 won't show up as they are b2b, but have got on to the 'clipboard' for them via online checkin. The other one doesn't say anywhere about fuel surcharge or what is still owed in any way. Is this 'cos we've booked through a TA and noy RCCL UK direct?

Simon

[quote name='sddsddean']Thought that might be it. I'll give a few days for the dust to settle, then get the TA to chase it.

Thanks

Simon[/quote]

Hi Simon :D

It will be done automatically...the RCCL booking system will do it without anyone requesting it. But if you are like me and like to see the proof then you could ask your TA for new invoice.:)

Hi all
not been on for a while but great to read all your replies, it seems that I will have to push harder as I have asked Virgin and they are insisting that they do not give price drops after you have booked. Its strange that I am reading on here that people are getting these

Archived