Jewel of the Seas help

First of all, when are you going????

We are going in two weeks. (Nov. 17)

Second:

The Windjammer is designed with "Islands" -As Food Stations. One of those islands was an area with fresh-made sandwiches. There were a couple of crew working in that island making sandwiches during the lunch time, and you could request specific ones.

Hope This Helps.

We had the crepes on Jewel in January, but that's a while ago. If you go to the WJ, and have the patience, you can make your own deli sandwich.

Last week on Enchantment, they had a sandwich station in WJ. You could make your own. On Jewel in January, they had nice sandwiches prepared fresh as you watched.

Rick and Deirdra

Hey Merion Mom- I believe I read that they did away with the crepes!! :(:eek:

Ok, that REALLY ticks me off.

No shareholder's OBC with other C&A coupon, no balcony discount with NC, and now NO CREPES!

What is the world coming to?

I, too, would like to know what they have done with that space on the Jewel.

:(:mad::(:mad:

Ok, that REALLY ticks me off.

No shareholder's OBC with other C&A coupon, no balcony discount with NC, and now NO CREPES!

What is the world coming to?

I, too, would like to know what they have done with that space on the Jewel.

:(:mad::(:mad:

On the transatlantic in Sept they were serving wraps and such from there.

the Sea View cafe up on deck by the childrens area is the best sandwich place aboard. reubens, feather and fin (chicken and fish).. is almost similiar to the clam joints at the waterfront we loved so many years ago.. it is the best kept secret aboard the ship.. enjoy your cruise not many better than the Jewel of the Seas..

Weary T

I thought the Sea view cafe turn to sea food

I believe the Seafood Shack was only a trial period and that it is back as the original Sea View Cafe.

I will be sailing on her in January, so will look into this and crepes for sure at that time. Hopefully the crepes will be back as I love crepes. :)

First of all, when are you going????

We are going in two weeks. (Nov. 17)

Second:

The Windjammer is designed with "Islands" -As Food Stations. One of those islands was an area with fresh-made sandwiches. There were a couple of crew working in that island making sandwiches during the lunch time, and you could request specific ones.

Hope This Helps.

And they were yummy! Hey DHADEN in Carrollton...

I believe the Seafood Shack was only a trial period and that it is back as the original Sea View Cafe.

I will be sailing on her in January, so will look into this and crepes for sure at that time. Hopefully the crepes will be back as I love crepes. :)

Trainman is currently posting live and said it is back to the original seaview cafe and NO Crepes.

Just got off the Jewel Friday, no crepes, thick sliced deli meats in the sandwiches including Seaview. However, loved the fish-in chips up there. IMO, the best place to have lunch.

My neighbors were on that cruise. Heard you guys had a rocking first night.

My neighbors were on that cruise. Heard you guys had a rocking first night.

Actually, awful. We had winds Cat 5 hurricane. Fortunately, it was the first night and the following day so we could put it behind us.

The Solarium was serving pizza, two types of wraps one of which was tuna (these were small) and also hummice (sp) with red peppers which my wife really enjoyed.

The island in the Windjammer did serve deli sandwiches that were sliced small + held together with a tooth pick.

The conditions on the night of 10/28 into the next day are the worst we have expeienced but sailing the Atlantic can have its moments. The captain had warned us at the muster drill to expect rough seas. The conditions were actually worse with 35-40 ft swells along with 100 knot winds. There were times that night while sleeping that you would be awakened by the sensation that you felt like you continued to drop in one direction. This must have been when the wind hit the ship from the side along with the wave swells. We talked to one poor women who slept with her life jacket on. They also covered many of the oceanview windows on the lower decks in the bow area + just back from there with metal plates. Other oceanview cabins not covered felt they were sleeping with the fishes.

Steve

Archived