Questions about the Glory

kellieMA

Hi,

We are the Jan. 1 Glory sailing. I have two questions.

First, is the Glory like the Conquest in that there are laundry facilities?

Also, does the Glory stay on "ship time" (Eastern Time) through out the cruise? We are planning a 8:30 am (local time) excursion in Belize (I think it is Central Time). Does that mean that it will really be 9:30 our time (ship time)? If not, I am concerned about getting off the ship in time. It is a non-Carnival excursion (we will not be able to get on the first tender off the ship) and the Glory is scheduled to arrive at 8:00.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

ALL carnival ships have laundry rooms.

THe ship stays on the time of the port it sails from. If it sails for NOLA it will be Central Time- If it sails from Florida--Eastern time. THe ports of call do not use Daylight savings time so GrandCayman is now on Eastern time.

The ships can change their time. I have had this happen several times on Carnival. They will let you know if the time is going to change by printing something in the daily Carnival Capers.

The laundry rooms tend to be busier on sea days and closer to the end of the cruise. Also on formal nights the laundry rooms are busy late afternoon with people using the iron(s).

To find a laundry room on formal nights-look for the line outside a cabin door. People will line up to iron a shirt.

I have used the laundry first thing in the morning- threw the wash in the washer then went ot the buffet for breakfast. By the time I got done- the wash was ready for the dryer.

Sea days are the worst day to find a washer. If you come back early on a port day- do your laundry that day. But dont tell many people. (LOL)

Archived