Upgrade Fairy scores homerun !!

localady

Strange...checked our VH-Guar on Tue and finally...but did not show any letters...just the number and had to look for it...turns out we have VB (quite happy about it) but located near the stern 614* block, UV deck.

We faired out quite well on this cruise...thank you very much.

Guess will have to contact TA for dining info as we requested early?

>>>Across from VB6150/52, deck plan shows a room w/two rectangular square/lines and on the Stb side, a blank room....does anyone know what these are?? First cruise since 2002 so a little bit of excitement setting in....every day as countdown progresses. Next wk.... packing?

Keep smiling.

To FrankNJ,

If you are on the Eurodam's 11/15 cruise stop by our rollcall at the following link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=670023

By the way we are also still waiting for a cabin assignment on VH guarantee. My TA keeps telling me the later they upgrade the better the upgrade will be so keep your fingers crossed for us.

Have a great next cruise.

Congratulations on your good fortune! I was just thinking; I have read many times on these different threads about the upgrade fairy visit and how wonderful the upgrade one would get; but, of all the cruises that my DW and I have taken, we have never received one upgrade. Maybe on our 11/9 Zuiderdam cruise; one can only hope.

Congratulations on your good fortune! I was just thinking; I have read many times on these different threads about the upgrade fairy visit and how wonderful the upgrade one would get; but, of all the cruises that my DW and I have taken, we have never received one upgrade. Maybe on our 12/9 Zuiderdam cruise; one can only hope.

Hang in there WillieBill!:D We have never received an upgrade before either....16 cruises with HAL to date. So hold the faith, you just never know!!;) :D

I wonder if they still have soda cards , and also does that include bottled water ?

Yes, HAL still has soda cards. It's just under $21 for 20 sodas. It does save a bit over purchasing by the can, but not too much. It also saves signing and keeping all those sales slips that individual purchases entail.

No, the soda card doesn't include bottled water.

I just went to check my online checkin status for next weeks cruise and I noticed the cabin was not the same as we booked, which was an SY. We don't book guarantees so never thought the Upgrade Fairy would bless us. Well she did, and she is fabulous, we are now in an SB port side, and am soooo excited!!!!

With the economy as it is, I never expected to ever be in a Deluxe Suite again and we are!!!!

Thanks HAL and the HAL Upgrade Fairy in particular!!:D:D

Congratulations Sher, you deserve it!...Hope you & Bob have a wonderful Anniversary...:D

John & I are still wait listed for a cabin & hope it will come through..We can be ready to go in 24 hours..;)

HAL had one outside fully obstructed available, but it was at a ridiculously high price:(..So we turned it down, but still hoping..

Cheers....:)Betty & John

Congratulations Sher, you deserve it!...Hope you & Bob have a wonderful Anniversary...:D

John & I are still wait listed for a cabin & hope it will come through..We can be ready to go in 24 hours..;)

HAL had one outside fully obstructed available, but it was at a ridiculously high price:(..So we turned it down, but still hoping..

Cheers....:)Betty & John

Wow Betty!

It sure would be a hoot to have you aboard since we also sailed together 5 years ago on our honeymoon cruise to South America!! Fingers crossed for you!

Wow Betty!

It sure would be a hoot to have you aboard since we also sailed together 5 years ago on our honeymoon cruise to South America!! Fingers crossed for you!

Sher..Sorry did not mean to imply that we are wait listed for your cruise..Not even sure which one you are on..Agree it would have been a hoot if it were your cruise..My goodness didn't realize how fast that 5 years went...

Actually believe we're wait listed for a different cruise, since I don't see you on the roll call for the one we're trying to get on..

In any event we still wish you & Bob a wonderful cruise & a very Happy Anniversary...Enjoy your suite....

Cheers...:)Betty

P.S. Only reason I'm not posting the date & cruise we're wait listed on is don't want to jinx it...;)Yes I'm a bit superstitious.. John is even more so & doesn't want me to even start packing yet..Will pull up our packing list about a week before to fine tune it.. Must be ready quickly pack..When & if we get a cabin for a reasonable price, will come back to the boards & let every one know about the Happy phone call..:):)Wish us luck !

It should be on your cruise documents. It is also on the online information when you do an online check-in.

By the way I got my cabin assignment today for our Nov 15th Eurodam cruise (this coming Saturday. We had booked a VH balcony guarantee with an online TA about 8 weeks ago and were hoping for a little bit of an upgrade since this was our 8th HAL cruise. When I checked the HAL website late this afternoon, I found out we got a VA balcony cabin on the Navigation deck.

As far as I am concerned the upgrade fairy visited us today.

Hope everyone else who has a guarantee does as well.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived