Monarch Repo Trip Report - OS, Captains Table, Norovirus - we got it all!

capnlars

Those were just beautiful! I followed the canal web cam but YOU gave us the REAL THING!

It was nice to see Rick again too, sitting next to Captain Karin.

Thanks again for allowing us to be part of your trip!

Julie

Those were just beautiful! I followed the canal web cam but YOU gave us the REAL THING!

It was nice to see Rick again too, sitting next to Captain Karin.

Thanks again for allowing us to be part of your trip!

Julie

Thanks, Julie - I'm glad you liked the photos.

Rick and Bobbie certainly added to an enjoyable cruise - I'm sure our paths will meet again some day.

Larry and Nancy, thanks for sharing the great pictures and your perspective of the cruise, especially the PC. Adds a different perspective to what we saw on the webcams. Would have loved to have been on that cruise with you and the other CC'rs.

The Monarch went into drydock for a week when it came over here...what did they do, anyone know? When is the first sailing out of Port Canaveral?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

From what I have read, dry dock was more for sprucing up. Some new carpet and paint. The first sailing out of PC was today.

Thanks, Julie - I'm glad you liked the photos.

Rick and Bobbie certainly added to an enjoyable cruise - I'm sure our paths will meet again some day.

I have to say that Larry and Nancy were wonderful hosts that allowed us in their cabin for pictures of the Panama Canal.

I'm just sorry that we did not hook up with them earlier in the cruise........as when we finally got together.....the 4 of us hit it off.

And........for a young guy........Larry is not bad at all!!:D:D At least, he did not put me out to pasture on our last cruise!!:D

Pics coming your way in the AM!!

Rick

Larry - Any details on the Cartagena boat tour around the bay? Was this a RCCL excursion or did you book privately? How long was the tour? Restrooms on the tour boat? Thanks for any details.

Thank you for the great informative review of your cruise! :)

Larry - Any details on the Cartagena boat tour around the bay? Was this a RCCL excursion or did you book privately? How long was the tour? Restrooms on the tour boat? Thanks for any details.

Thank you for the great informative review of your cruise! :)

The Cartegena bay tour was an RCI excursion. You walk from the ship to the boat, and it looks like a old pirate ship (you can see some pictures in the photo link in an earlier post). It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Included local beer, water, sodas and some snacks. There is a restroom on board (I didn't see it though). There are local musicians and dancers. While cruising around the port area, the guide gives history, and breaks for the dancers a couple of times for 10 minutes at a time.

Thanks for posting. My sister Jackie and I were on this one also. I'm 30 she's 28 (youngest on board by choice). I believe we met you and your lovely wife. Did you know Roonie? We had a blast and also couldn't believe what some people complained about. Our head waitress was also Onika. Aren't they all fabulous?

I leave on the 20th to reboard the Monarch on the 21st for my first consecutive sailing, I really miss having her just a four hour drive away in San Pedro.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Thanks for posting. My sister Jackie and I were on this one also. I'm 30 she's 28 (youngest on board by choice). I believe we met you and your lovely wife. Did you know Roonie? We had a blast and also couldn't believe what some people complained about. Our head waitress was also Onika. Aren't they all fabulous?

I leave on the 20th to reboard the Monarch on the 21st for my first consecutive sailing, I really miss having her just a four hour drive away in San Pedro.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

No, we do not know Roonie. Have a great time on your B2B! We just got an email from our head waiter and he said that already the crowd is very "different" than they had in LA.

We just love that Monarch is now just over an hour away....

[quote name='webteach']Just got a visit from the upgrade fairy- from GS to OS 1520. Does anyone have any pics of any of the owners suites to show me?[/quote]

Just go on line to Royal Caribbean and then ships, then go to the Monarch, and then staterooms, and then Suites, and finally the Owners Suite. Look at the 360 degree view.

That really is a much better way to see the suite. By the way, since those were taken, they have added a dining table with 2 chairs.

Enjoy the OS!!:)

Rick

Archived