Airport to Circular Quay - Train or Taxi ????

Pacific Sandy

How about the shuttle bus? It's cheaper again but depends how soon you need to be at Circular Quay as the shuttle may stop at a few hotels first. The taxi fare will depend on the traffic. From what I've read $30 and upwards.

View options and what I found out here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=54889&page=2

Hi

I live in the sutherland area which is approx 15 mins from the airport, taxis from here to the city, usually cost about $80 in the dead of the night (no traffic) so I would expect a min of $50 from the airport, dependant on what time of the day you are travelling, if you hit traffic it could double, I would take a shuttle or the train... also when i lived in randwick which is about 1/2 way to the city taxis used to cost around $25 to home and that was 9 yrs ago.

Sandy,

I've been to the Quay twice to see the Rhapsody off, and the amount of people using the train was quite surprising. Though in your case, coming from the Airport, you have to pay that stupid Station access fee.:rolleyes:

The train ride would take approx 20 minutes, as it is all stops from the Airport to the Quay.

If you're arriving on the 2nd, you will probably be arriving during our peak period. So it may be a hassle after a long flight to squeeze into a packed train with all your luggage.

Not long to go now for you.;) And the price for your second cruise is unbelievable!! Was $2500 pp twin for the Family Suite!!:eek: Only if I had that little bit of extra money laying around.:rolleyes::p

we have a friend that used to work at the airport...

Each day he would catch a train into work....

When going to the airport if you buy a ticket for the next station along it is cheaper than buying a ticket to the airport eg buy a ticket to Turrella $3.60 and get off at the airport.... as oppose to the $14...

catching the train out of the airport you are stuck with the $14 LOL

Joanne

When going to the airport if you buy a ticket for the next station along it is cheaper than buying a ticket to the airport eg buy a ticket to Turrella $3.60 and get off at the airport.... as oppose to the $14...

Joanne

Hi - I checked the CityRail website and couldn't believe it. Circular Quay to Turella really is $3.60.

Thanks so much - I think we'll do the Shuttle from the Airport to Circular Quay and take the train back.

Thanks for the money you saved us.

Sandra

Joanne

Yes - they are really after the tourist $, while not affecting the daily commuters. The tourist side also promote the red explorer buses and wierd and wonderful multi day public transport passes that cost heaps more than the regular commuter ones. City train, bus, and ferry all day tickets can all be bought for $16, and cover nearly every service in the greater Sydney area. Hop on/off any of these services at your leisure. The exceptions I know of are Manly Cat and travelling from the airport.

Yes - they are really after the tourist $, while not affecting the daily commuters. The tourist side also promote the red explorer buses and wierd and wonderful multi day public transport passes that cost heaps more than the regular commuter ones. City train, bus, and ferry all day tickets can all be bought for $16, and cover nearly every service in the greater Sydney area. Hop on/off any of these services at your leisure. The exceptions I know of are Manly Cat and travelling from the airport.

The price to take the train from the Airport to Turella - $14.00. Amazing

Dont do the train with all that luggage its not worth it.

last time we did the train I got a disscount,if there is four or more then a group ticket is cheaper. But at what cost! You dont realise how hard it is until you do it with luggage.

Taxi or shuttle bus.

Den

Archived