Question about pricing

I booked a cruise for 1/8/05 with a TA last month for $539 per person, just for the cruise fare. Today I found that on travelocity.com rooms on the same deck as mine are selling for $506 per person. Is there any way that I can call my TA and ask her to match that price, or is that not possible?

I am new to the whole cruise thing! Thanks!

When you check prices on Travelocity, they do not add taxes/fees until you actually selct a room, so it can be misleading. However, you may always ask your TA to match a price (they may or may not be willing to do this)or you may cancel your booking with your TA and rebook with another agency (online or otherwise) that offers a better deal. Only problem with that is if you have bonded with a certain cabin, you may not be able to get the same one. Happy Sailing.

Ellen

Explorer of Seas March 2005

Legend of Seas July 2004

Enchantment of Seas Dec 2003

Grand Princess June 2003

Majesty of Seas 2002

Voyager of the Seas 2002,2000

Golden Princess 2001

Enchantment of the Seas 1999

Sovereign of the Seas 1988, 1995, 1997, 1998

Ecstacy 1996

Viking Serenade 1994

Monarch of the Seas 1992

Fantasy 1993

Nordic Empress 1991

Song of America 1990

Dolphin IV 1989

Most TA's will match prices, and, yes, go with the total price, because the devil is in the details. You should at least discuss the TA's policy.

Especially ask what your TA will do if the price drops just before the cruise, after final payment. Keep an eye on it all the way, since a lot of bargains are within the 30 days before a cruise.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

The online agents often include port taxes but not government taxes. We always ask our TA to match the prices - only one time that she couldn't get within $50 for a cruise. We feel that the difference is worth it to get her services when possible.

Archived