HELP! - 3 rooms; 2 adults

CTMak

My daughter is a senior in high school. For a graduation present she wants to take some friends on a cruise. We are happy to take her/them. There will be 3 boys and 3 girls in addition, of ocurse, to my wife and I. We know the kids and they are terrific. Howver, Carnival policy is one adult (i.e. over 21) per room. We would need 3 rooms: 1 for my wife and I, 1 each for the boys and girls. Carnival says that because there are only 2 adults (my wife and I) we can only get 2 cabins. Again, we are talking about seniors in HS and not like 8 year olds. Any suggestions?

CTMak

Maybe you can get some of the other parents interested in going. Carnival has this rule for a reason. You might want to do a search on what happened on one of the Princess cruises with a group of older teens. It was a very hot topic a couple of weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I have teens too. But, I wouldn't want to be responsible for 4 additional teens on a cruise or any other vacation, for that matter. You never know, some of the parents just might be interested. The more the merrier........and more supervision.

We sailed with 9 teens last year! We were 1 of three pairs of parents to go. We would not have sailed any other way! When we sail in January we're sailing with our 4 kids two 19,one 22 and one 4. They're all ours and enough of a handful,we're not allowing anyone else to sail with us, unless they're with their parents. ;)

Trudy

We had a similiar problem. My daughter wanted to ask her boyfriend to go with us but in another room. My daughter was 20 and her boyfriend 19. We already had booked two rooms so we were out of adults (my husband, me, and our l6 and 20 year old. Needed one more adult so it didn't happen. He stayed home.

We had this exact issue last year. Our HS grads were very good kids also but we also had to abide by the policy whether we agreed with it or not.

We were able to get our BIL to go with us. He stayed with our son. After boarding the ship, it was no problem shifting the room assignments around so the girls could have their own cabins.

So, bottom line is, you'll have to find another person over 25 to go or some of the girls can't go.

My daughter is a senior in high school. For a graduation present she wants to take some friends on a cruise. We are happy to take her/them. There will be 3 boys and 3 girls in addition, of ocurse, to my wife and I. We know the kids and they are terrific. Howver, Carnival policy is one adult (i.e. over 21) per room. We would need 3 rooms: 1 for my wife and I, 1 each for the boys and girls. Carnival says that because there are only 2 adults (my wife and I) we can only get 2 cabins. Again, we are talking about seniors in HS and not like 8 year olds. Any suggestions?

CTMak

When is the cruise...I will be happy to go!

Its one of the rules that are enforced and I am glad to hear that its enforced.

Bless your heart in wanting to take 5 other teens that are not yours on a cruise.. I suggest-leave the boys home and take only the girls.

Check out Princess Cruise line as their age requirements are lower. (I think it is 18 years old in a cabin) Last year I was going away with a group of girlfriends and it just happened to be college spring break for my daughter. She was able to book a room with her friend and neither of them were 21. Good luck.

Archived