Asia bound on the Quest

RMS Olympic

I would like to know if anyone has taken a cruise with Azamara in Asia and are their any suggestions on things to look out for or be aware of.

In particular are their specific dress codes for touring and what are the temperature variations (traveling in late March from Hong Kong to Singapore)?

Thanks

Tom

It will take a while to get a response on this board as the first trips are not until mid December - you might want to post this on the Asia board if you want a quicker response.

We will be back early Feb and can let you know our experiences then

A

I would like to know if anyone has taken a cruise with Azamara in Asia and are their any suggestions on things to look out for or be aware of.

In particular are their specific dress codes for touring and what are the temperature variations (traveling in late March from Hong Kong to Singapore)?

Thanks

Tom

You can check http://www.wunderground.com where you can get historical temperatures/weather for the dates you select.

Typically November through Feb is the best time to go to Thailand for pleasant weather. We've been to there during February and April. By March it's beginning to heat up a bit. This year we were in Hong Kong in late March and the weather was great (not hot like Thailand).

For Hong Kong, something really interesting to see is the "Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery." If you have free time when you're there, it's fun to ride the train to the New Territories and see this. We went with our friends who had seen it recommended in a guide book. There you'll see many different Buddhas in every shape and size. The setting is on a beautiful hillside and the individual statues are often quite comical and playful. Every Buddha has a different expression. Very fun

I am also anxious to hear since we will be doing the Singapore to Hong Kong in Feb 2010.

Drat! I am also sailing on Quest February 2010, but we are doing the Hong Kong to Singapore leg Departing Feb 6. I would have loved to sail with you since I have enjoyed your postings and photos so much. My thread for our sailing has crickets on it.

• 6 months later...
Drat! I am also sailing on Quest February 2010, but we are doing the Hong Kong to Singapore leg Departing Feb 6. I would have loved to sail with you since I have enjoyed your postings and photos so much. My thread for our sailing has crickets on it.

Hi,

We just booked a veranda on Quest Feb. 6, 2010.

Hong Kong to Singapore.

Is there a roll call for this cruise yet?

Please contact us info@thepurplesage.com. We are leaving for Budapest on June 9 and will get back to all who reply at the end of June.

Would like to arrange for PRIVATE GUIDES for some of the ports.

Archived