Just a question...not trying ot cause trouble...

abitaturbodog

They make money to support these message boards, so be glad they do that to encourage folks to book them.

It has been stated many times by assorted hosts the CC group cruises make very little if any money for CC. What supports CC message boards are people using CC thus allowing CC to sell AD SPACE TO ADVERTISERS.

More power to CC and its group cruises, it’s not my thing but it works for many. However, if the business model for CC was dependent on group cruises to generate revenue to pay the bills, well, that would be a flawed and ultimately failed business model.

By the way it is the same for magazines and newspapers, all are dependent on readership so they can sell advertisement. The money generated by subscriptions or retail newsstand sales have minimal effect on the bottom line. In the case of over the air network television and Radio in the USA, in that case it is 100% dependent on selling advertisement to keep the bills paid.

Firefly, if anything you should be encouraging people to spend money with the business that advertise on CC if the well-being of CC is the motivation of your post.

Thanks! I love your dog! What breed is that?

Looks like a Weimaraner to me…………… I have been blessed to have a couple of them in my life over the years… truly a wonderful dog.

Just fyi…..

The Weimaraner is a silver-gray breed of dog developed originally in early 19th century for hunting. Early Weimaraners were used by royalty for hunting large game, such as boar, bears, deer, and foxes. As the popularity of large game hunting began to decline, Weimaraners were used for hunting smaller animals, like fowl, rabbits, and foxes. Rather than having a specific purpose such as pointing or flushing, the Weimaraner is an all purpose gun dog. The Weimaraner is loyal and loving to his family, an incredible hunter, and a fearless guardian of his family and territory. The name comes from the Grand Duke of Weimar, Karl August, whose court enjoyed hunting.

Is Bismarck your closest city? I just did a quick search of flights and found some for about $300 pp, but I couldn't search for jan 2010 on the site I used. I'm not too good at searching for flights -- the last time I flew was in 1999. :o

getting from airport to French Quarter/Central Business District/Port:

It looks like New Orleans in only about 15 miles from MSY airport.

Taxicabs: A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. $1 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

Airport Shuttle: Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $15.00 (per person, one-way) or $30.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person. Call 1-866-596-2699 or (504) 522-3500 for more details or to make a reservation. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call well enough in advance for the specially-equipped shuttle to be reserved. For group reservations of 10 or more people please dial 1-866-596-2699. Ticket booths are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area.

No. YWG..Winnipeg international is the closest.We are about 3 hours from the international peace gardens.( it is south of here.)I will ahve to talk to Db as he workd for A/C and will be able to tell if we can get a flight to New Orleans with them cutting back on fliights it has even been a challenge getting to LAX for this cruise.

Looks like a Weimaraner to me…………… I have been blessed to have a couple of them in my life over the years… truly a wonderful dog.

Just fyi…..

The Weimaraner is a silver-gray breed of dog developed originally in early 19th century for hunting. Early Weimaraners were used by royalty for hunting large game, such as boar, bears, deer, and foxes. As the popularity of large game hunting began to decline, Weimaraners were used for hunting smaller animals, like fowl, rabbits, and foxes. Rather than having a specific purpose such as pointing or flushing, the Weimaraner is an all purpose gun dog. The Weimaraner is loyal and loving to his family, an incredible hunter, and a fearless guardian of his family and territory. The name comes from the Grand Duke of Weimar, Karl August, whose court enjoyed hunting.

Looks like a Labrador retreiver to me!!

Looks like a Labrador retreiver to me!!

Could be that as well, the profiles are very similar. Although the Weimaraner does tend to have a shorter, sleeker coat than a Lab. On my monitor looks more silver-grey then blond/golden or brown/black. I guess there is only one way to find out J

Ah, that's what I suspected. With the economy being what it is, the reduced deposit is very tempting. I'll have to look more carefully at the group cruises that are being offered.

Thanks for the info..

Do join one, it was the best cruise I have ever done. I think any other cruise will be boring not having 50 of your best friends along. Very welcoming groups. I am glad I have several more booked and plan on booking as many as I can afford.

You win the booby prize! She's a chocolate lab, but lots of people here think she's a wiemeraner. Her name is Abita...Abita Turbo Dog just like my name. Clever, huh?;)

That was a good guess eh?I am a proud foster mom. I foster the special needs dogs from the human society that ahve medical issues( our own dog was a foster that we could not give back) he is a husky akita cross that was hit by a car and left for dead at 5 month old. he is not 8 years old missing a hip has no perifial vision at all and is the best pet I have ever had.His name is Bailey's Lucky Bear( the kids named him beacuse he is has irish cream color on his back, he is lucky to survive the car accident and he is a japanese bear dog)He also has navaho eyes..one blue one brown.

Is you dog into endurance training. Labs love that sort of thing here.They are so smart and need to be challenged once in awhile or they can get distructive.It is alot of fun to watch too.

I dare not explain how I got my user name again as it is a slang for an army medic and others call me a short arm inspector:D

My best friend also fosters dogs that others don't want. She's amazing and I have a lot of respect for people who do this. My dog isn't into much except sleeping and getting loved. She's a good girl, almost 9 y/o now.

I think for us..the hardest part of fastering the dogs has to be giving them back when they are fit for adoption.Bailey has adopted me as his.Akitas are one person dogs and will defend to the death.Anyone comes to the house he has to be in between the person and me. If I tell him to back off he gets upset and his hackle go up and he sits at a distance and watches the person that I am talking to.He has never bitten anyone. he would lick someone to death first.He loves kids( we took him to the daycare when the little one was still little). He is very friendly but needs to know where I am.When Dh was deployed he stayed outside the bedroom door and would not move till I got up.

He is smaller then most Akita,but he has some issues that stunted his growth.He is on a good quality doog food and has a good vet that understands these kind of dogs.He get glucosamine and chondrotin(Sp)and he seems to be happy( oh I forgot the occasion Ice Cream from McDonalds)If I could take him on a cruise I would:D

Archived