Are sodas free with meals?

macnife

On NCL, do you get soda with your meals in the free dining or buffet, or do you also have to pay extra for them there as well? Thanks for the info!

You have to pay for the soda. You can get a soda package, or pay for one at a time. Thats what I do and I bring some of my own packages of crystal light to add to the water. I also make lemonade out of the water. I go to the buffet and get juice in the morning and keep it in my room. You can get ice tea free.

Thanks for the quick response. I knew you had to pay for sodas on other parts of the ship, just wasn't sure if you had to in the free dining. If you buy soda when you are at ports, can you bring it on the ship?

this might be a silly question but here goes. My DH and I always order coffee with our meals at home, will the wait staff find this unusal if we did this when we order a meal a Cagney's? This is the only pay resturant we are going to do because of all the good reviews it gets here on cruise critic. We did the teppanyaki last time and it was excellent, but we have one around where we live so for us it is not a special treat. We also do not drink alcohol, so unless there is a non alcoholic beverage that you can suggest that is a must try we will probably order coffee.

this might be a silly question but here goes. My DH and I always order coffee with our meals at home, will the wait staff find this unusal if we did this when we order a meal a Cagney's?

I've seen others do it, so I doubt if you'll have a problem.

Cappucino, Latte & Espresso are free at lunch & dinner. Loads better than plain coffee in my book. Jewel & other ships have the machines for you to use at any time.

Bring any drinks onboard. No booze tho.

this might be a silly question but here goes. My DH and I always order coffee with our meals at home, will the wait staff find this unusal if we did this when we order a meal a Cagney's? This is the only pay resturant we are going to do because of all the good reviews it gets here on cruise critic. We did the teppanyaki last time and it was excellent, but we have one around where we live so for us it is not a special treat. We also do not drink alcohol, so unless there is a non alcoholic beverage that you can suggest that is a must try we will probably order coffee.

Does anyone know where you purchase the unlimited soda card on the Jade? With regards to cagney's, I thought I read somewhere that on top of the cover charge per person, there's also a price on some food on the menu, is this right?

Thanks.

Cappucino, Latte & Espresso are free at lunch & dinner. Loads better than plain coffee in my book. Jewel & other ships have the machines for you to use at any time.

Bring any drinks onboard. No booze tho.

I was thinking of bringing pop on board but we really don't drink much of that either but I will maybe try a cappachino I have only ever had them from Tim Horton's here in Canada but they are not the real thing. What exactly is a Latte I get that it is made with milk but what is it like?

Does anyone know where you purchase the unlimited soda card on the Jade? With regards to cagney's, I thought I read somewhere that on top of the cover charge per person, there's also a price on some food on the menu, is this right?

Thanks.

Yes, there is a basic surcharge, but certain items cost a bit more (e.g., surf and turf, or 24 oz. porterhouse). Most of the menu is covered by the basic surcharge.

Do the cabins have a "real" frig or is it just a cooler. Don't want to bring can drinks aboard just to be kepted semi cool.

TIA

They are real mini-fridges. However, not all ships have fridges in all cabins. Depends on the ship.

We brought canned soda in a carry on style suitcase, no problem. Bagged the 12 packs in trash bags (i drink a lot of diet mtn dew, and my wife drinks dr. pepper, neither are available on the ship).

be careful! i dropped 5 in my state room, and they exploded, leading to some cleaning fun.

be sure to bring plastic bottles of soda, not cans.

Thanks.

I am going to assume that the Jade is the same as the Sun. You could purchase the soda card from any of the bartenders.

Kristy

Do the cabins have a "real" frig or is it just a cooler. Don't want to bring can drinks aboard just to be kepted semi cool.

TIA

If you are not sure if your ship/cabin has a mini fridge, bring a small cooler. Your steward will keep it filled with ice daily...all you need to do is ask them the first day.

CG

I am cruising the Majesty this Saturday.

Unfortunately, the Majesty is one of NCL's ships where not all cabins have fridges. It will depend on your cabin level. I have never been on the Majesty, but my understanding is that Superior Oceanview and up have fridges.

Unfortunately, the Majesty is one of NCL's ships where not all cabins have fridges. It will depend on your cabin level. I have never been on the Majesty, but my understanding is that Superior Oceanview and up have fridges.

I have a Cat D which is the Superior Oceanview, hope that is right.

They are real mini-fridges. However, not all ships have fridges in all cabins. Depends on the ship.

I have yet to be on a cruise ship that has a real fridge, everyone ive ever been on they have always been more like glorified coolers, never really got anything cold.

I have yet to be on a cruise ship that has a real fridge, everyone ive ever been on they have always been more like glorified coolers, never really got anything cold.

Maybe we have different definitions of "real fridge", but most of NCL's ships have real fridges, at least by my standards. The ones that I have seen firsthand are on the Dawn, Gem, Star, and Sky. The cans of soda that I put in them were kept quite cold.

DCL has the cooler type, if you put ice in the night before it is mostly melted the next morning. I'm guess on NCL it is like a real dorm fridge. We have on in our greenhouse and it works like a larger fridge.

Archived