Calling all Med experts, re: May 26 Brilliance, what's best?

What pleasure these weeks are leading up to a cruise, you just can't beat it, except of course the cruise itself! So, from those who've done MED CRUISES, or Brilliance cruises, what's your advice on excursions??

Am staying at some Barcelona hotel that looks right onto the front of the Duomo--wow! Signed up for some ship excursions, but am hoping to get a guide/driver in Livorno--any suggestions here??

Or in the Athens port?? Or Rome? Or Santorini?

Even signing up for a dining seating, are there any especially wonderful Brilliance resturants I should try while onboard?

Spa experiences? Got any secret suggestions? Things to avoid?

It'll be my first Royal Carib cruise after several with Princess & Linblad, and I'm quite excited about it. Any little advantages to the RC cabin you remember that will be fun to savor and enjoy??

And, best of all, are you coming on this cruise??

Victoria.

Wish I was coming on this cruise, but not yet. Our Med cruise was the BEST, BEST, BEST!!

We took the on/off bus all around Barcelona. Cost about $14 each, and it was the best. You listen on the headphones as you go around all over the city, and get off when you want. If it's crowded that day, try going around once, then again and get off where you want. We caught the buss in the Catalyan (sp?) plaza after walking up Las Ramblas from the pier where Columbus' statue is located. It was a great day!

We found two other couples on these boards and shared a limo for the day in Rome. Half the price, and saw LOTS more. I highly recommend it. We were with Max; search the Rome port-of-call board for his name. There's also another highly recommended driver.

I went to Athens on another cruise, and it's very crowded and very interesting. Shopping in the Plaka (sp?) is fun, too. The best was our trip outside of Athens to Delphi. If you can find a tour there, it was remarkable.

Haven't been on the Brilliance, since our Med cruise was on the Splendour.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

There are quite a few of us on your cruise. If you go to the meet and mingle section of the boards you'll find "Brilliance of the Seas May 26". Enter that thread and you'll find plenty of info about our cruise.

Al

Majesty 99

Monarch 00

Ocean Princess 01

Sovereign 01

Destiny 01

Galaxy 02

Millenium 02

AOS 03

Brilliance 04

Archived