Carnival Cabin types-the symbols

Doodie&Lee

The below is the description for a cabin on the carnival freedom. My question is does the word upper mean there is an upper bunk in the cabin. Specifically cabin Number 6255 that has the square. I really do not want that but alot of the cabins left seem to have this symbol on the cabin choices.

" Twin Bed/King, Single Convertible Sofa and Upper"

Do you have 4 people in the cabin? What it basically means is that the first 2 sleep in the bed (which is 2 twin beds pushed together into a King), the third gets the sofabed and the fourth gets the pull down bunk. This is actually a preferred sleeping arrangement for 4 people, since the other method is 2 upper bunks.

If you only have 2 or 3 people in the cabin, then the upper bunk won't matter. It will be up in the ceiling out of the way, and you will have a sofa underneath it.

We only have 2 people but there seems to be alot of cabins left to choose from with the UPPER bunk. I would rather not have it in my cabin but the better cabin choices have it. Is the upper bunk in the room bulky and noticable? So you say it is on the ceiling an not on the side of the wall. Does anyone on the board have a picture of any upper bunk on the Freedom (Carnival).

We only have 2 people but there seems to be alot of cabins left to choose from with the UPPER bunk. I would rather not have it in my cabin but the better cabin choices have it. Is the upper bunk in the room bulky and noticable? So you say it is on the ceiling an not on the side of the wall. Does anyone on the board have a picture of any upper bunk on the Freedom (Carnival).

Not noticable at all. It folds up into the wall, as I recall, and all you see is where it comes from, but it does not protrude into the room one iota..:p

Thanks again for the info. That picture helped me to visualize. And I must say it is nothing like I thought it would be for an upper bunk. Now I feel better knowing there no bulky bed on the side of the wall. Now I can book the room. Thanks again everyone.

The upper isn't visible when not in use. It is pushed up and latched into the ceiling when not needed. You won't even know it's there.

Archived