Mr. Deering?

Tomct

Does anyone know where Mr. James Deering has gone? I first heard he was on vacationing, after serviing as the Hotel Director on the POA. He's been recognized as one of the best HD's, got lots of favorable "ink" here, but I understand he has left the company. I had communicated with him on occasion since May, 2002, most recently during the early problem days with POA. Recent emails have been returned.

We also would like to know if Mr. Deering is still with NCL. We experienced the best service under Mr. Deering's watch and hope he is still with the company. If not, I hope to find his new assignment, with whomever that may be, and we will sail with him anytime.

James Deering is still at home in Tokyo, recovering from surgery. He had a serious accident on Norwegian Sun in the Bremerhaven shipyard several years ago. He needed followup surgery, but delayed it several times until the POA was up and running.

We should be hearing more about him soon. I don`t know if he is returning to NCL or not.

Since I was told by an NCL staffer that he was "no longer working for the company", lets hope is on a leave of absence, and will actually return sometime in the near future.

As I was trying to reach him prior to our Dec, cruise, I'll have to try some mutual contacts, and see if they have his email address, and could forward my message to him.

He's been a great contact for me!

I just returned from the POA 10/31 sailing, and I am almost certain they introduced Mr. Deering at the staff show. Many of the staff members come out and sing after one of the shows and they introduced a few of the senior officers. I believe his name was the first introduced, but I did not catch a first name.

I did speak to someone quite high in NCL the other day and was told that he definately would not be back to NCLA as he was fired - not just on leave. I'm pretty sure that this gentleman knew the facts as he has spent some time on the ship in the last few months.

Archived