Your best experience in Dravuni Island

matmar

Hi all

Looking for find something interesting to do in Dravuni Island.

We are going to try and avoid the cruise line options and find a local operator to try and save some dollars. Probably nothing much at this one but worth asking.

Any tips/hints or contacts appreciated.

Mark

Hi all

Looking for find something interesting to do in Dravuni Island.

We are going to try and avoid the cruise line options and find a local operator to try and save some dollars. Probably nothing much at this one but worth asking.

Any tips/hints or contacts appreciated.

Mark

The is no tours on this island. you can walk to the other side of the island or take a walk up the 'hill'... Spectacular view.:)

Or you can just sit on the beach, swim or snorkle....I think you need to go right down the end of the beach for any good snorkling though.

No tours of any sort on offer on Dravuni Mark, just swimming and lazing on the beach, and for the energetic a walk up to one of the two lookouts.

The closest one is about a 20 minute round trip, the more distant one a bit longer and involving more hill climbing. The walk is worth it for the wonderful views.

There's usually markets, but if you're there on a Sunday (like we were in September) they won't be operating.

Mark, here is our account of our day on Dravuni in June

http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?action=showdiaryentry&diary_id=497556&go=ducknchook

When there the locals were offering boat tours around the island for $15 - $20AUD. The photos dont do it justice as they had had a lot of storms before our arrival, I have been there before and the water is lovely.

Chez

xx

:)

Mark, here is our account of our day on Dravuni in June

http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?action=showdiaryentry&diary_id=497556&go=ducknchook

When there the locals were offering boat tours around the island for $15 - $20AUD. The photos dont do it justice as they had had a lot of storms before our arrival, I have been there before and the water is lovely.

Chez

xx

Hi Chez,

Just spent most of my morning which i should be mopping and washing etc reading your above diary entries from your previous cruise. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. What a great read!! I am so excited now as only one and a half weeks till i'm off. Reading your blog made it even more exciting after seeing pictures of places where we are headed. Well done on a great site...loved it!! Looks like we are similar ages. I am 40 next year and am planning a family trip on a cruise to celebrate it. I wish all my girlfriends would cruise (they would rather fly) we could have such a ball on a cruise. My girlfriends and i are all planning a big weekend for our 40ths at the palazzo versace hotel on the Gold Coast which should be heaps of fun too.:):)

Annette:):)

Annette, we were with Cheryl and Geri last year at Dravuni. We have been to Dravuni in 06, 07 and 08. The school teachers name is Siteri (pronounced Sit Tea Ee) and her husbands name is Moses. Moses organised a local boat to take us out to snorkel. We have taken toothpaste and brushes (about 30 of each) for the school children in 07 and last year we took a lot of exercise pads, pencils crayons etc. Our daughter who is 13 now, has been with us each time we have visited and last year she got to take the flag down at the end of the school day. Make yourself known to Siteri, we receive emails often from her, but only when she is in Suva. Regards, Donna and John.

BTW - a big good day to Cheryl if she reads this post.

Archived