This is going to be the week

jaw62901

I have a feeling that this is going to be the week that NCL calls and offers a reasonable suite upsale for our cruise. Hey maybe it will be for the Owners Suite, we can dream can't we :D.

When are you sailing and on what ship?

Best of luck as I'm hoping for the same thing, but couldn't justify the cost when I booked and even later upgraded to an AF.

When are you sailing and on what ship?

Best of luck as I'm hoping for the same thing, but couldn't justify the cost when I booked and even later upgraded to an AF.

We are sailing on the 1/9/09 9 day cruise out of Miami on the Jewell. We are currently booked in an AE suite.

Two years ago we got the upsale call for the owners suite and it was great. The down side (if there is one) is that you tend to spend more time in the cabin because of the great accomodations. Although there are 2 balconies the forward one is way too windy to enjoy plus the bridge is right there. We sail on Friday on the Jewel and have our fingers crossed though we have a great suite at the back of the ship.

I really really hope you get your upsell call, but if it is not this week, do not be discouraged. I honestly think it is a bit early for them to do any heavy upselling. Usually, just from what I have read on these boards its two to four weeks before sailing that it happens. We were offered an upgrade on our first NCL sailing and it came the day of or the day after we got our welcome aboard packet thingie which I believe came 30 days before the cruise. I don't think they send those packets out in mass any more, but I do remember it was like within 30 days of our sailing that we got the call.

Since we are already booked into an Aft AE suite, it would take a nice upsell to make us move, especially since the AD and AC suites are basically the same suites as the AE from what I have read on the board.

The only difference between the AD & AE is the depth of the balcony.

The AC, besides being on the other end of the ship, and dealing with the wind if the ship is really moving, can be a little bigger. This is really great if you are doing the glaciers in Alaska or going through the Panama Canal.

The perks are the same.

Archived