Need booking advice please

Rina's Mom

Normally, my husband and I book our cruises last minute because we can use interline (airline employee) rates. However, 2009 is our 25th anniversary and I want my husband to experience (as I have already with a girlfriend) the perks that come with a deluxe suite. So I am thinking about booking a Dec 2009 cruise now.

Usually we go with an interline ta and the one we use has somewhat reduced prices now. However, there is an online ta (whose url is what we are going to do, i.e. "cruise") who has an SC cabin on the cruise we want even cheaper than interline, plus they add a $100 obc per cabin.

So now I'm wondering, do I book with this online ta (which I've never used), do I book now with our usual interline ta, or do I wait and book last minute as we usually do to take advantage of last-minute rates. Or should I go with a local brick-and-mortar ta (which I've never used)?

This cruise is really important to me and I'm driving myself crazy. Any advice?

Thanks,

Barb

We have booked three cruises with three different TAs all on the Internet. Never had an issue. Our upcoming cruise we used an on-line TA with the word cruise in it (note there are several that use that word so it could be a different one than the one we used) they have been wonderful. If you like the price go for it and get what you want. It is always a gamble about getting the best deal but think how you would feel if you missed out. Good Luck.

Normally' date=' my husband and I book our cruises last minute because we can use interline (airline employee) rates. However, 2009 is our 25th anniversary and I want my husband to experience (as I have already with a girlfriend) the perks that come with a deluxe suite. So I am thinking about booking a Dec 2009 cruise now.

Usually we go with an interline ta and the one we use has somewhat reduced prices now. However, there is an online ta (whose url is what we are going to do, i.e. "cruise") who has an SC cabin on the cruise we want even cheaper than interline, plus they add a $100 obc per cabin.

So now I'm wondering, do I book with this online ta (which I've never used), do I book now with our usual interline ta, or do I wait and book last minute as we usually do to take advantage of last-minute rates. Or should I go with a local brick-and-mortar ta (which I've never used)?

This cruise is really important to me and I'm driving myself crazy. Any advice?

Thanks,

Barb[/quote'] Barb, as you know, often Interline rates do not include suites plus as you have stated, they aren't offered til much closer to sailing. This is a very special cruise for you, and if you have an agent you are comfortable with, just go ahead, bite the bullet and book with them now. Of course, one thing, you probably know, if you do book now, you will not be able to change to an interline rate later..How do I know all this, well? I am both a TA that deals with interliners a lot and a parent of an employee...LOL

One more thing, if you do not have a reporte with the company you are using, then you will need to decide for yourself which way to go. for me, an online company would not work, I would go with a brick and mortor company or one of the large companies that advertise on CC, for others internet companies are fine..

Nita

Normally' date=' my husband and I book our cruises last minute because we can use interline (airline employee) rates. However, 2009 is our 25th anniversary and I want my husband to experience (as I have already with a girlfriend) the perks that come with a deluxe suite. So I am thinking about booking a Dec 2009 cruise now.

[b']This cruise is really important to me and I'm driving myself crazy. Any advice?[/b]

Thanks,

Barb

You just answered your own question.

Book what you're comfortable with.

Many folks have good experiences with online TAs, but a significant number of folks find just the opposite.

Do you want a perfect Siver Anniversary? Isn't that worth a extra few pounds?

If it turns out to be lousy because of air/cruise foulups, consider you'll have to wait another twenty-five years for an equivalent event. :D

Archived