Help about Autoprogresso.....

Booman14

My family and I are planning on taking the autoprogresso tour of Uxmal in about two weeks, and I was woundering if anyone has ever heard of autoprogresso not making it back in time for the boat? We arrive at port at 7am, but autoprogreeso does not leave until 10am. He stated that we should get back about an hour before the boat leaves. I would book through the cruise line, but everyone has stated that they have had a better time through autoprogresso. Thanks for the help. :)

Autoprogreso is the company that provides the "free" shuttle buses to/from the cruise ships and Progreso.

They probably have better knowledge of the cruise ship schedules than the cruise lines themselves.

But no, I have never heard of misses or even close calls.

Autoprogreso also provides the regular bus service between Progreso and Merida that runs about every fifteen minutes. It's a pretty big transport company.

Hola Hdawson we are planning to do Meridia out of Progreso on our own I would like to draw from your vast expierence please, would the local buses be reliable enough or should we take Auto Progreso and do you know how often they make return trips from Meridia ? We are trying to pack as much into our limited time and still get back to Progreso to wander around there also. Thanks so much Bubba

Maybe I wasn't clear. AutoProgreso IS the local/regular bus company. They also have a tour company side that does excursions. Runs about every 15 minutes to/from Merida for $3.00 RT. Reliable. The Merida terminal is three blocks from the central plaza in the historical area.

So should we expect an open air bus with chickens and all ? Surely it not going to be as nice as the tour buses their tour buses are very nice I can't see them running regular schedules with that type of bus I guess that is the way I should have phrased my question I realized after the fact it was a rather redundant question sorry about that and thanks again. Bubba

I was planning to take the Autoprogresso tour, but went with the Carnival tour. My review is posted with links to my pictures.

If they leave at 10:00 am and get back with an hour before the ship leaves that gives you very little time at the ruins. The Carnival tour left around 7:30am got to the runis before 10:00 am we had almost 2 1/2 hours of guided and un guided tour and retunred to the ship by 2:00 pm.

My wife said the ride was 2 hours each way. The ship will leave at 4:00 pm. We left exactly at 4:00 and you are expected back on the ship at 3:30 pm.

Even with our time at the ruins I still wanted to explore a little more. So if they leave at 10:00 take 4 hours for travel you get maybe half an hour at the ruins.

Plus if anything happens to the bus or van you take the ship is not obligated to stay past 4:00 for anyone.

Just make sure to give it some thought.

I contacted Autoprogreso and they said they need 8 people in order to go to Uxmal. I would think that the departure time would depend on when the ship arrives. Are you sure they depart at 10:00 on a day when your ship arrives at 7:00? I am planning to book this excursion and have decided to book through the cruise line to be sure we get to go and get back in time.

In all the time (yrs) that I have been on this board and vacations to Merida, Progreso and the Yucatan State, I have never heard of a single person who got left behind in Progreso because of AutoProgreso. Would not be in their best interest.

When Jerry with Autoprogresso, emailed me back he stated that the tour would start 2 - 3 hours after the ship docks, and returns 1 hour before it leaves. That's where I came up with the 10am time. Now here is a question, how many have to be in a tour. When I emailed him back in June, I told him that it would be just the four of us in our group, and he quoted me prices for all, ($55 per adult, and $35 per child.) however he didn't say that I had to have 8 people. I just emailed him Friday to double check on that, but so far no response. Anyone heard any different? Thanks

Archived