Age Limit

il26382

Can anyone tell me what the age limit is for Carnival allowing someone to book a room. My son and 3 other guys (all 21 except for 1 of them) are wanting to book a cruise with Carnival for sometime in March. Will they allow them to do this? I thought I had read somewhere that they had to be 25. Thanks!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Policy.aspx

"Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older."

The same stateroom part isn't enforced though. Minors can stay in an adjacent stateroom to their parents. There are also exceptions for married people under 21.

"Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older."

The same stateroom part isn't enforced though. Minors can stay in an adjacent stateroom to their parents. There are also exceptions for married people under 21.

If the guys are planning a trip by themselves this might not work for the 20yo.......

Can anyone tell me what the age limit is for Carnival allowing someone to book a room. My son and 3 other guys (all 21 except for 1 of them) are wanting to book a cruise with Carnival for sometime in March. Will they allow them to do this? I thought I had read somewhere that they had to be 25. Thanks!

will the last one be 21 by the sailing date? as long as he is 21 when he steps on the boat he would be fine...otherwise he wouldnt be allowed on without someone else 25+ booked in one of the rooms.....the others would be fine though....

I did end up calling Carnival. They must ALL be 25, before they will allow them to book cabins. The lady I spoke with said this was due to alcohol restrictions???? I told her they will just have to go to Royal Caribbean as they don't seem to have a problem with them being under 25. I know it is not the lady that I spoke with fault, but come on Carnival, 25???? Just does not make much sense to me!!!!

I did end up calling Carnival. They must ALL be 25, before they will allow them to book cabins. The lady I spoke with said this was due to alcohol restrictions???? I told her they will just have to go to Royal Caribbean as they don't seem to have a problem with them being under 25. I know it is not the lady that I spoke with fault, but come on Carnival, 25???? Just does not make much sense to me!!!!

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other

considerations.

The person you spoke to was wrong. Read the above from Carnival's "Frequently asked questions." You only have to be 21 but the if there is someone under 21 in the cabin, then there would need to be some 25 in there too.

You just got someone who didnt know the rules. They all must be 21 unless one is under 21, then someone must be 25.

Sounds like a misunderstanding or someone just didnt know.

The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Yes, I know that they would have been allowed alone, but I am wondering because the child is under 21 but the parents are not over 25 and I do not see that being addressed in the exceptions. That rule applies to a married couple who themselves are under 21.

Yes, I know that they would have been allowed alone, but I am wondering because the child is under 21 but the parents are not over 25 and I do not see that being addressed in the exceptions. That rule applies to a married couple who themselves are under 21.

Should have no bearing if they bring a child... it is their child and they have the childs BC showing they are the parents, and they meet the exception rule.

Thats definately wrong because i went on a spring break cruise 12 days after i turned 21, I booked the cruise in october ( i was 20 at the time) turned 21 at the end of february and cruised 2 weeks later. i was the youngest to cruise in our group, another couple of the girls and guys had booked when they were 20 but turned 21 much before i did. There were no issues with any of us getting rooms or boarding or being on the islands. None of us in the group were 25, we were all 21-23

Thats definately wrong because i went on a spring break cruise 12 days after i turned 21, I booked the cruise in october ( i was 20 at the time) turned 21 at the end of february and cruised 2 weeks later. i was the youngest to cruise in our group, another couple of the girls and guys had booked when they were 20 but turned 21 much before i did. There were no issues with any of us getting rooms or boarding or being on the islands. None of us in the group were 25, we were all 21-23

Was that pretty recently? The rule wasn't always this way. I think they had some issues with spring break cruises and damages, so they changed the rule. I'm getting old, so I don't remember when that took effect, exactly.

The same stateroom part isn't enforced though. .

That is unless you have a noisy or new PVP who books your 21 & 20 yr olds in the same cabin, just across the hall, then 3 months later calls you back and says there needs to be someone over 25 in the cabin and makes you switch everyones name around just so whe you get on the ship, you have to stand in the Long Pursers desk line and get everythin back to the way you originally booked it:rolleyes:

Oh and he did it to the couple we were taveling with also, they had their adult children in the cabin right next to them.

I wish they would have checked the cabin status of the 4 12 year olds who stayed alone in the cabin next to us, while their parents were at the front of the ship having a grand old time and we sat at the back of the ship babysitting their kids.....thank goodness on day 4, they were evicted from their cabin after distroying it.....And i mean DISTROYING IT!!

Moral of the story......Doesnt happen often but know for a fact that it sometimes does.

Thanks for letting me vent LOL!

That is unless you have a noisy or new PVP who books your 21 & 20 yr olds in the same cabin, just across the hall, then 3 months later calls you back and says there needs to be someone over 25 in the cabin and makes you switch everyones name around just so whe you get on the ship, you have to stand in the Long Pursers desk line and get everythin back to the way you originally booked it:rolleyes:

Oh and he did it to the couple we were taveling with also, they had their adult children in the cabin right next to them.

I wish they would have checked the cabin status of the 4 12 year olds who stayed alone in the cabin next to us, while their parents were at the front of the ship having a grand old time and we sat at the back of the ship babysitting their kids.....thank goodness on day 4, they were evicted from their cabin after distroying it.....And i mean DISTROYING IT!!

Moral of the story......Doesnt happen often but know for a fact that it sometimes does.

Thanks for letting me vent LOL!

If you email the PVP how would you know if they were noisy?:p

Bill

If you email the PVP how would you know if they were noisy?:p

Bill

He called me, said he was going thru his bookings and noticed the age restrictions in the 2 cabins, i say i have always booked them in the cabin across from us so keep it that way, he calls back "NOPE just asked my supervisor, he said they had to have someone over 25 in the cabin"

Noisy because........He did not have to bring it up with his supervisor, he could have stopped snooping at my reservation and let it go!

By the way, nice to see ya again Bill, i've been working alot and lost track of all my CC people, didn't know i missed them until i started posting again LOL!

If you email the PVP how would you know if they were noisy?

Noisy because........He did not have to bring it up with his supervisor, he could have stopped snooping at my reservation and let it go!

That ZOOM you just heard was S.S. Oceanlover's comment flying right over Caribbean Dreams' head.:)

That ZOOM you just heard was S.S. Oceanlover's comment flying right over Caribbean Dreams' head.:)

Ok it's pick on the Blonde day LOL!

Only took me 3 times...but i got it!

See how bad i need a vacation:D

Anybody volunteer to go with me?, of course it would be my traveling companions job to explain any indepth conversations or jokes to me;)

Archived