Chankanabb park dolphin & snorkel?

waiting2go

Hi all,

We are on the Glory Nov. 29th, and are doing the dolphin experience on our own in Cozumel at Chan....park. Does anyone know if we can do the dolphin excursion, and then rent snorkel equipment at the park for awhile? ant help is appreciated.

Yep you can do both time permitting. I think cost of rental is now $15 per person for gear.

Let me start off by saying that I was so impressed with Dolphin Discovery, Chankanaab Park. Our intentions were to do the dolphin swim adventure then head over to Paradise Beach (which I love). Well I had no idea that Chankanaab Park was as nice as it was. It was beautiful there. There was a pool, an area for the kids to swim on the beach and snorkel area, they had ruins and gardens. It really was nice. Needless to say, we never made it to Paradise Beach.

Yep you can even arrive early stake out a place on the beach then wonder to the dolphin thing and also get your snorkel stuff and go for a swim. You buy your tickets up front when you come in they'll give you a ticket to get your snorkel gear when you want.

so are you saying you don't have to reserve your time to swim with the dolphins? We were told they were full and we couldn't do this excursion, so we signed up for something else. My daughter was heartbroken. She would give her first born (if she had one) to swim with dolphins. Since she has no kids - she may offer me up as her sacrifice....

so are you saying you don't have to reserve your time to swim with the dolphins? We were told they were full and we couldn't do this excursion, so we signed up for something else. My daughter was heartbroken. She would give her first born (if she had one) to swim with dolphins. Since she has no kids - she may offer me up as her sacrifice....

You do have to reserve a time but you don't have to make the reservation through the cruise line. You can book it on your own using the site that I posted earlier.

I just checked, and there are definitely still opening if you book directly through Dolphin Discovery....you can surprise your daughter :)

Hi all,

We are on the Glory Nov. 29th, and are doing the dolphin experience on our own in Cozumel at Chan....park. Does anyone know if we can do the dolphin excursion, and then rent snorkel equipment at the park for awhile? ant help is appreciated.

we are doing the Glory in April and want to do this excursion also. Please do a review or email me about your experience if you remember and have time. thanks rdmurph@comcast.net

I've done the dolphin thing at Discovery Cove in Orlando and at the Blue Lagoon in Nassau, so when I signed up for this I couldn't decide which swim thing I wanted to do and ended up signing up for two of them. The price is really good (I went through the website) compared to what a place like Discovery Cove charges for the same amount of time with Dolphins. The Royal Swim is different from the Swim Adventure and both do different things than I've done before so I just said "what the hey" and now I'll be foot pushed and get to snorkel with the dolphins. :)

My group showed up at Dolphin Discovery without reservations and they allowed us to book the 10:00 AM Royal Swim. Our ship was the only ship in town.

We did the foot-push, dorsal tow, dolphin kiss and hand shake with two dolphins. It was a real slow day. The ship really hikes up the prices.

My group showed up at Dolphin Discovery without reservations and they allowed us to book the 10:00 AM Royal Swim. Our ship was the only ship in town.

We did the foot-push, dorsal tow, dolphin kiss and hand shake with two dolphins. It was a real slow day. The ship really hikes up the prices. You can make reservations online. I had called the tollfree number and knew there would be openings.

Thanks for this info everyone! We're first timers (NCL Pearl, 2/8/09) and want to book directly with Dolphin Disc. So what is the difference (if any) between "ship time" and Cozumel time? How do I know what time to book our adventure? We are planning on spending the day at the park, bringing our own snorkel gear, will hang with the kids (12 and 9). And how is it getting a taxi for a bunch of non-Spanish speaking New Jerseyans?

Thanks Ohcanada. We leave from Miami as well, I assume we stay on Miami time. So if it says "8am to 5pm in Cozumel" then what exactly does that mean? Sorry so confused, I searched for answers to the time change thing and couldn't really find anything.

Our itinerary says we are in Cozumel from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.. Before making private excursion plans, I called Royal Caribbean to confirm that the local time while in Cozumel was from from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If your itinerary already states those time it sounds like you are already on local time. I would call the cruise line to double check.

We are looking forward to visiting Cozumel in February on the Voyager of the Seas. We are arriving at 7:00 am local time and will be departing from Cozumel at 4:00 pm. If we are interested in swimming with the dolphins, what would be the best time to schedule it? Another question... We have two kids, ages 8 and 11 and they have not snorkled before. Some of the excursions advertised by Royal Caribbean say they provide instruction for beginners. Is basic instruction on using the mask, etc. also available at Chankanaab Park when you rent the equipment? One more question... am I right that we probably will have plenty to do at the park, and between swimming, snorkling and dolphins that will be enough for the day? Thanks!

Chankanaab Park is very big and offers many things. You can spend a whole day there. There is a pool, man made beach, botanical garden, Mayan expo, etc.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the time. I went in August and I did not notice a change in time. We stayed on Miami time.

Getting a taxi was easy. The taxi stand people spoke English.

• 1 month later...
Our ship (Freedom of the Seas) leaves from the Port of Miami and remains on Miami time throughout the cruise. We arrive in Cozumel at 8:00 a.m. local time which is actually 10:00 a.m. ship time. I hope that helps.

I'm confused. Miami is eastern time, and Cozumel is central time (-1 hour from Miami/Eastern time). So, if it was 10:00 ship time, that would make it 9:00 local time.

Chankanaab Park was wonderful on our December cruise. The snorkeling was decent and the fish and a large ray were seen not too far offshore. There looked to be a LOT to do there with kids, including the dolphins, a pool, and a "trail" through the Mayan/Aztec reproductions area. The beach was very clean and not crowded at all. The open air restaurant was pleasant and inexpensive and the food was very good. Plenty of covered beach lounges were available. We had 4 teens with us and they had a great time. It's only a 10 minute taxi ride from the pier. With the coupon on its web site, the price was reasonable. I'd go there again in a second.

Les

Anyone done the cheaper Dolphin Ecounter?? It says that there can be 1 free child between the ages of1-7 per adult so it would work great for our family of 5. Kids will be 2, 7 and 10 so we'd only have to pay for the 10 y.o. If we book for 1:00, could we go earlier in the day enjoy the beach, have lunch and then have fun with the dolphins??? What type of transportation would be best for the 5 of us and our gear???

Archived