Need some advise, to call or wait to call, for OBC....

GCTN

Here is the situation:

I booked the cruise with a balcony guarantee (8A) a long time ago & paid the xxx amount of dollars per person. It then went up by 100.00 per person shortly after. I continued to pay for the cruise & time went by. Its been paid in full for about a month now. I kept checking on a daily basis & about 2 weeks ago the price went back down to the original price. I am 69 day out from my cruise & I just got my cabin assignment over the weekend (8D YEAH!!). Same room, just higher on the Legend. Well today I checked it & saw it went down by $50.00 a person lower that what I paid. Thanks in advance for helping me with these question.

My questions are,

1. Is there a limit to how many times one can call & get an OBC?

2. If so should I wait & see if the price starts to slide more?

3. How do you find out if this price if just for new bookings?

4. Am I even due a OBC?

Here is the situation:

I booked the cruise with a balcony guarantee (8A) a long time ago & paid the xxx amount of dollars per person. It then went up by 100.00 per person shortly after. I continued to pay for the cruise & time went by. Its been paid in full for about a month now. I kept checking on a daily basis & about 2 weeks ago the price went back down to the original price. I am 69 day out from my cruise & I just got my cabin assignment over the weekend (8D YEAH!!). Same room, just higher on the Legend. Well today I checked it & saw it went down by $50.00 a person lower that what I paid. Thanks in advance for helping me with these question.

My questions are,

1. Is there a limit to how many times one can call & get an OBC?

2. If so should I wait & see if the price starts to slide more?

3. How do you find out if this price if just for new bookings?

4. Am I even due a OBC?

It never hurts to call and ask. They worst they could do is tell you "no" Give them a call!

Did the 8A guarantee price go down or the 8D price go down, you only said the price went down, but not which price.

If the 8A price is the only one down, then you would have to give up the 8D cabin and go back into the guarantee pool.

I have only been checking the the bacony guarantee price with my original code. I doubt that the 8d price is even close to what the 8a guarantee price is. do I now have to modify my booking look up to look as if i was booking an 8d cabin?

I have only been checking the the bacony guarantee price with my original code. I doubt that the 8d price is even close to what the 8a guarantee price is. do I now have to modify my booking look up to look as if i was booking an 8d cabin?

If you want to keep the 8D cabin, yes you do need to look at the 8D price. Otherwise when you call they will probably take away your room assignment and put you back into the 8A pool.

If you want to keep the 8D cabin, yes you do need to look at the 8D price. Otherwise when you call they will probably take away your room assignment and put you back into the 8A pool.

Ok well I definately don't want that!!!! Thanks for the help & answers!! I can't wait till the cruise date gets here!!!!

GCTN - If you booked a Guarantee, once you're assigned a specific cabin you then have to track the price of that new cabin (8D in your case) for price drops, but to get price adjustment for any price drop you'd have to give up the assigned cabin (8D) and return to 8A "TBA " status.

Also, Once you're within the "penalty period" it's getting harder to get price adjustments & OBC especially the closer you get to sailaway. ken

Archived