Food at Labadee?

bajathree

I have Malfini reserved for noon and ziplining reserved for 8am. I hear the buffet BBQ lunch doesn't start till 11:30 cutting it kind of close. Do they sell food at Labadee that you can buy if you want to eat lunch at say 11am or am I going to have to run back to the ship to eat.

When I was there in '06 it was just what they brought ashore for the BBQ.

I have Malfini reserved for noon and ziplining reserved for 8am. I hear the buffet BBQ lunch doesn't start till 11:30 cutting it kind of close. Do they sell food at Labadee that you can buy if you want to eat lunch at say 11am or am I going to have to run back to the ship to eat.

The BBQ is included in your fare....it runs (if I remember right!) from about 11-1 or so. If you eat a decent breakfast, you should be able to wait until the BBQ starts.

I have no problems waiting till the BBQ starts, problem is my excursion over to Malfini may have a problem with it since it leaves at noon.

We was there a few months ago ,RCCL brought the food themselves and was free ,it had hamburger's ,hot dogs ,the usual buffet food ,was very good

Are you talking at Labadee or they brought the food to Malfini (this is not the main island but a private excursions island from Labadee) for the guest that booked the Malfini excursion:confused:

Last December on my transatlantic onboard Celebrity´s Millenium we stopped at Labadee. Unfortunately they moved our excursion to an 11:30 a.m. departure. We got back 1:30h Guess what... Most of the food was all gone. The leftovers were uneatbale and looked disgusting! The "barebecue" area looked like a battlefield. Calling it "disgusting" really was an understatement. A lot of people did not get food and got very very angry at the staff which simply did not know how to deal with the situation. Celebrity did leave a very bad impression there!

So unless you get to the "barbecue buffet" early, you might not get anything to eat. The food is not really good at all, but since they make such a big deal out of the barbecue promoting it and making it one of their highlights, they should privide at least some if it for everyone at any time where people usually eat lunch (from 12:00 to 14:00h at least). From a hygianically point of view I´d say , rather eat on the ship !!

Seems that unless you are going to stay on the ship and eat a late breakfast/early lunch the noon departure for Mafini is a bit of an issue.....much to rushed to have lunch start at 11:30, try to eat and make a mad dash for the dock.....going to take a pass on it.

Archived