Can I bring Wine Onboard RCCL

wouldn't carry it on - that's a lot of weight to lug around until your cabin is open and ready

you can give to a porter and put a luggage tag on it, or you can use a soft sided duffel or any other piece of luggage and put all in there and put a luggage tag on it and give to porter

Carry on or in luggage?

Seems odd you can on Celebrity which is owned by RCCL - That's just weird. I did try and smuggle it last time but I got caught. They came to my room after my bags were delivered and asked me to give it to them to "store" until after the cruise was over.

Why would it be odd for Celebrity to have different rules than RCI:confused:.

I´m sure the different lines owned by Carinval have different rules as well, or Star Cruises have different rules than NCL, so why not Celebrity and RCI?

Why would it be odd for Celebrity to have different rules than RCI:confused:.

I´m sure the different lines owned by Carinval have different rules as well, or Star Cruises have different rules than NCL, so why not Celebrity and RCI?

All of Carnivals brands allow you to bring on wine and champagne, the only difference is the quantity...HAL is unlimited. As far as I know, RCL is the only line that A: doesn't allow you to bring on wine or champagne and B: doesn't allow you to buy a liquor package onboard for inroom consumption. Two things that add up to me never cruising with them again.

All of Carnivals brands allow you to bring on wine and champagne, the only difference is the quantity...HAL is unlimited. As far as I know, RCL is the only line that A: doesn't allow you to bring on wine or champagne and B: doesn't allow you to buy a liquor package onboard for inroom consumption. Two things that add up to me never cruising with them again.

I wasn´t discussing the liquor policy of RCCL compared to others, you just proved my point that there´s nothing odd for different lines under the same mother companies roof to have different rules.

If this makes you stop cruising with RCI more power to you and happy cruising on other lines.

I wasn´t discussing the liquor policy of RCCL compared to others, you just proved my point that there´s nothing odd for different lines under the same mother companies roof to have different rules.

If this makes you stop cruising with RCI more power to you and happy cruising on other lines.

I think there's a bit of a difference between differences in quantity on Carnival and a flat out you can't bring it on vs. you can bring it on between RCL and Celebrity/Azamara. And yeah, it's a deal breaker for us, so we're quite happy to cruise elsewhere.

I think there's a bit of a difference between differences in quantity on Carnival and a flat out you can't bring it on vs. you can bring it on between RCL and Celebrity/Azamara. And yeah, it's a deal breaker for us, so we're quite happy to cruise elsewhere.

I can only repeat myself, I´m not talking about the policy itself as I don´t care about it. Again different lines have different rules be it for alcohol or other stuff and this holds true regardless if they are under the same mother company or not.

This subject has been discussed to death....it is what is is;)

Do people really lug water and soda with them:confused:I have to be honest...I just don't get it.

Some people do, especially if their preferred type of soda isn't carried onboard the ships. I usually have a few bottles of water in my suitcase, that I refill for use in ports.

Yes they do - most buy it in departure port before boarding. Bottled water on the ship is expensive as is soda - and many people are brand loyal particularly when it comes to soda. We'll be taking some water and soda with us. Why pay $3+/bottle of water when I can get a case at a grocery store for $3? Same with soda - I can get Pepsi for $3-$4 per 12 pack -- on board it's between $2-$3 per soda. I get the brand I like and cheaper.

Do people really lug water and soda with them:confused:I have to be honest...I just don't get it.

Yes they do - most buy it in departure port before boarding. Bottled water on the ship is expensive as is soda - and many people are brand loyal particularly when it comes to soda. We'll be taking some water and soda with us. Why pay $3+/bottle of water when I can get a case at a grocery store for $3? Same with soda - I can get Pepsi for $3-$4 per 12 pack -- on board it's between $2-$3 per soda. I get the brand I like and cheaper.

Don't take this the wrong way, everyone has their own way, I know that....but what do you do....put it in a cooler and carry it to the pool with you? To me vacation is just that...vacation....not to lug things around....I know we are all different but when I am on vacation I want to be served....not serve myself....I guess that's why I was never a camper:eek:

Nope, but when I want a soda before bed, when I first wake up, or anytime I'm in my cabin - I have one - not to mention it will be Pepsi - not Coke. Same with water as SO drinks water, mixes in the packets of flavoring

If I had to carry it on a plane or something - I'd agree - but we're flying in the day before - and it's no problem to hand it from the car/taxi to a porter - very little effort.

There are things I'm willing to put forth a small amount of effort to conserve money, and there are things I'm not. It's always a value judgement for everyone. IE I could book the Presidential Suite and ask you how you could go on vacation and book your own spa and restaurant reservations - it's vacation after all ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, everyone has their own way, I know that....but what do you do....put it in a cooler and carry it to the pool with you? To me vacation is just that...vacation....not to lug things around....I know we are all different but when I am on vacation I want to be served....not serve myself....I guess that's why I was never a camper:eek:

It clearly is not cheaper to buy the package than smuggling. Plus some people don't like wine.

jc

yes, definitely not cheaper to buy the wine package since sutter home white zinfandel is 26.95 on the rccl wine list and it's only 4.00 in the liquor store! :eek: that's some price hike!

Nope, but when I want a soda before bed, when I first wake up, or anytime I'm in my cabin - I have one - not to mention it will be Pepsi - not Coke. Same with water as SO drinks water, mixes in the packets of flavoring

If I had to carry it on a plane or something - I'd agree - but we're flying in the day before - and it's no problem to hand it from the car/taxi to a porter - very little effort.

There are things I'm willing to put forth a small amount of effort to conserve money, and there are things I'm not. It's always a value judgement for everyone. IE I could book the Presidential Suite and ask you how you could go on vacation and book your own spa and restaurant reservations - it's vacation after all ;)

Understood:)I am not a soda drinker and really don't hold loyalty enough to one water brand.

yes, definitely not cheaper to buy the wine package since sutter home white zinfandel is 26.95 on the rccl wine list and it's only 4.00 in the liquor store! :eek: that's some price hike!

Yet a bottle of Caymus that sells for around $60 at most retailers is like $80 on RCCL's list....go figure.....guess it pays to drink good wine:D

I think you have their policy wrong. They do not allow you to bring ANY bottles of wine on, and there is no provision to take your own wine onboard and to the dining room and paying a corkage fee.

The only wine you can get onboard is their wine, bought from them - and then yes, you can take to dining room (no corkage fee) or back to cabin.

Last I checked I was told that you were allowed to bring wine or champagne on board as long as it was not a brand that they sold on board and as long as you understood that you would have to pay the corkage fee.

Maybe you have their policy wrong?

Maybe we spoke with different CS people (I spoke to gifts and gear).

Who knows!

If you are into wine and make choices off their "reserve" list....you will find they are pretty fairly priced on their better wines......more fairly priced than most restaurants.

I am into wine but not so edumacated in the area of "vino". Feels like you are probably referring to some pricey, and great, wines - which I am positive probably kick some arse.....but would be too "rich" for my blood! :D

Last I checked I was told that you were allowed to bring wine or champagne on board as long as it was not a brand that they sold on board and as long as you understood that you would have to pay the corkage fee.

Maybe you have their policy wrong?

Maybe we spoke with different CS people (I spoke to gifts and gear).

Who knows!

No unfortunately, whoever is giving you your information is completely wrong. RCI changed it's policy a while ago, absolutely no alcoholic beverages can be brought on board.

It seems that if you tried before and got caught, that you already knew the answer. So why ask the question? Just curious. ;):D

If you must know.... I thought the rules may have changed since I AM allowed to bring it on the SOLSTICE I thought I could also bring it on the navigator - it only makes sense to me.

lol, yes we do....

Especially when we have picky (high maintenance) HUSBANDS who require Dr. pepper as their morning "coffee".... this requires the transportation of 2-3 two liter bottles of Dr. Pepper on every cruise.

Babies that are bottle fed will prompt parents to bring flats of bottled water to make formula.

In general, I like having individual bottles of water to take on excursions and drink in the cabin. I bring bottled water because I swear that the on board tap water must have salt in it and that is why I get so "bloated" by days 3/4 :D (it probably doesn't have a thing to do with the bottle of Makers Mark I also smuggle on!) ;)

That used to be the policy and they changed it.

Archived