Can I bring Wine Onboard RCCL

Don't take this the wrong way, everyone has their own way, I know that....but what do you do....put it in a cooler and carry it to the pool with you? To me vacation is just that...vacation....not to lug things around....I know we are all different but when I am on vacation I want to be served....not serve myself....I guess that's why I was never a camper:eek:

We usually bring a larger bottle of water (we travel with it) and then bring a flat of smaller bottles of water. We put the smaller bottles of water in the fridge to chill.

If we are leaving the ship for the day we use the chilled bottles to fill the larger bottles and take that with us.

If we are staying on board we just carry the smaller bottles around with us.

If we smuggle soda on board I usually use it to make mixed drinks in the cabin (with my smuggled booze) Yes, I have been known to fill a flask and take it, and take a few sodas, in a bag and make myself drinks while we are roaming the ship. More so, I use the soda in the mini bar to do that tho (because lugging all of this on board does get heavy)

It's just a matter of priorities. I would love to get "served" my entire vacation - we just don't have the financial resources to justify spending that kind of money on booze\soda\water.

Nope, but when I want a soda before bed, when I first wake up, or anytime I'm in my cabin - I have one - not to mention it will be Pepsi - not Coke. Same with water as SO drinks water, mixes in the packets of flavoring

If I had to carry it on a plane or something - I'd agree - but we're flying in the day before - and it's no problem to hand it from the car/taxi to a porter - very little effort.

There are things I'm willing to put forth a small amount of effort to conserve money, and there are things I'm not. It's always a value judgement for everyone. IE I could book the Presidential Suite and ask you how you could go on vacation and book your own spa and restaurant reservations - it's vacation after all ;)

You have a good point....

I suppose if we choose to book an inside versus our standard D1 we would be a lot looser with cash on the ship......

Well, their published policy is NO alcohol is allowed to be brought on board period, and there are many many posts on this site about this policy. And have seen plenty post about having it confiscated. It's in their cruise contract and guest conduct policy. So perhaps it's changed since last time you checked and you have it wrong or the Gifts & Gear folks you spoke to don't know the policy like the guy standing at the pier who's job it is to take it.

From RCCL's Site: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

And here from Cruise Critic's site:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=355

Wine: In a distinct departure from hard liquor policies, passengers are allowed to tote a bottle of wine or two (with one current exception: Royal Caribbean restricts all alcohol from being brought on its ships). If you do decide to bring your own wine or Champagne, every line subjects passengers who consume said beverage in the dining room to a corkage fee, ranging from $10 (Seabourn) to $25 (Celebrity). If you sip it in the privacy of your stateroom, there's no fee.

Last I checked I was told that you were allowed to bring wine or champagne on board as long as it was not a brand that they sold on board and as long as you understood that you would have to pay the corkage fee.

Maybe you have their policy wrong?

Maybe we spoke with different CS people (I spoke to gifts and gear).

Who knows!

No unfortunately, whoever is giving you your information is completely wrong. RCI changed it's policy a while ago, absolutely no alcoholic beverages can be brought on board.

ah.

Well, I gave up smuggling wine a while ago. Now I just have TA order me some (crappy) bottles for my room. That and my smuggle of choice is hard liquor. A small bottle of liquor lasts a lot longer than a regular sized bottle of wine.

DH never goes anywhere without a 24-oz. bottle of Diet Pepsi in an insulated carrier (takes meds that make his throat dry - hates Coke), so we pack some and a few bottles of water for excursions, sitting by the pool, etc., in a small suitcase (drive to port) - just check it through with the rest of the luggage. Holds extra "stuff" on the trip home. The carriers have a convenient shoulder strap and come with a plastic sports bottle that I sometimes fill with lemonade or iced tea.

Archived