Anyone just off "Paradise"

derf5585

Pescado,

Us to! We are dh and myself, dd, almost 16 and ds, 11. This will be our first Carnival cruise and our first Baja cruise also. I've been lurking around the boards occasionally looking for info specific to the Baja cruise, but there isn't much. Hopefully someone can throw us a bone, lol.

Hey Derf,

Just a question, isn't any of my business. An acceptable answer is NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. :D

But, why would anyone fly across the country (and I assume back) to take a 4-DAY CRUISE ON A FANTASY-CLASS SHIP ? :confused:

The PRIDE (7-day) and the SPIRIT (8-day) both newer classes await you?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . . :D

Glad to meet up with you!

We are a family of five, dh, myself and 3 sons ages 16, 15 and 12. We are traveling with some friends and they also have three children ds 15, ds 14 and dd 8.

We did this same itinerary with Carnival in 1996. Catalina was beautiful. Ensenada, just so so. In Catalina you can rent golfcarts or bicycles and look around. We also did the glass bottom boat tour. In Ensenada we did the Blowhole Tour (El Bufadora) and then some shopping. We are kind of spoiled as we were just in Cabo, PV and Mazatlan two years ago, and imho, Ensenada just can't compare.

We are going mainly to get away from the Fresno fog. It will be our friends' first cruise so we are excited for them!

janet

If you go to the Carnival roll call board you can find several threads for the

Paradise. Some of our cc group even posted reviews (Sept. 5-Sept.20, '04

roll call). I found the Paradise to be beautiful and immaculate. The food was

wonderful and the service was great. The only complaints we had were the disorganization at ports for boarding buses for shoretrips and the disembarkation was a nightmare. Also, we took that 4 day cruise on the Ecstasy a while back. In Catalina we rented a golf cart for 6 and had a great time - Went to Wrigley garden - it was so so but other stops were fun. We had been to Ensenada tons of times but do know that you can go to La Bufadora much cheaper if you book in town. We just spent our time shopping and also rode in a horse & buggy (not a good idea - We almost we're hit by a speeding taxi & another passenger boarded with a broken arm from an accident whereby a truck hit their buggy). In response to the suggestion about the Spirit, we've done that too but loved the elegance and cleanliness (it was the last smoke-free cruise) of the Paradise. You'll enjoy your cruise - our grandson & his wife just returned from the Paradise on their honeymoon & had a great time! Happy cruising.

But, why would anyone fly across the country (and I assume back) to take a 4-DAY CRUISE

I'm glad you asked that question.

"Here's the story, of a man named Brady" Got carried away I'm Derf

My son is getting married in Las Vagas on 2 April 2005 so we are flying out on the 1'st. (Yes April Fools Day). On the third we are flying to Los Angeles then going to Long beach and stay at the "Queen Mary Hotel". Board the Carnival "Paradise" four a for day cruise on the fort. Then fly back to Philadelphia on the 8th of April.

I just didn't want this trip to be a complete waste.

I just didn't want this trip to be a complete waste.

I can understand the logic in this. My son is getting married in September and my sister and I have planned our sister cruise for the following week. A New England/Canada cruise was not my first choice but hey I'm going to be on the east coast and it was a great deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for my son and very much approve of his fiancé I just wish I could talk them into getting married in Vegas when they are out here next month. Just think of the cruises they could take with the money they would save.

Anyone just back from the Paradise---I know the ship is still fairly restrictive as far as smoking goes. Is it allowed on your balcony? We don't smoke, but my mother-in-law does and it will make things easier if she can smoke out there.

"But, why would anyone fly across the country (and I assume back) to take a 4-DAY CRUISE ON A FANTASY-CLASS SHIP ? "

And while we won't be flying quite across the WHOLE country, we are flying first to Phoenix for a couple of days, then bringing my mother-in-law along for her first cruise--and 4 nights is just right for her. Plus, 4 nights cruising is better than 4 nights doing most anything else!

Check the review section of CC for a couple of new reviews on the Paradise.

Anyone just off the "Paradise" Friday 5 Nov 2004. Four day cruise from "Long Beach" to Baja Mexico.

review

thoughts

Did you stay at the "Queen Mary Hotel"

I posted my review on these boards, but I'm new to this so I can't tell you where it is. I just posted you about the Skippers Club. This was our 1st cruise, DH, DS-14, DD-12 and me. We all agreed - It was the best vacation we've ever had! I booked this at the last minute - (1 month), and was the only one excited about this cruise. I'm happy to say, the Paradise was beautiful, service was excellent and because of this perfect 1st cruise, I'm planning the next one on the Carnival Pride!

I know what you mean about getting away, it should be a nice quick, relativly inexpensive trip. We are looking forward to this cruise mainly as a getaway from a major kitchen renovation (should be between cabinet installation and countertops by then). We've been to Catalina before but this is our first time to Ensenada. The kids are not too thrilled about any of the excursions, listed on Carnivals web site, so we will most likely be just shopping in port (dd favorite sport)! Send me an e-mail, if you'd like to chat.

Cheryl

Archived