Silly question ... Lifepreservers????

Life's a Beach!!

The ship provides them, they will most likely be in the top of your closet in your cabin. You will want to tell your room steward that you have children in the cabin, and he/she will provide you with child sized vests to keep in the cabin. If they know that kids will be in the cabin ahead of time, they will most likely supply them without you having to ask.

My sister has 3 younger boys traveling w/ us. Does she need to bring lifepreservers or are there some on the ship for her use? Thanks in advance for the answer!! :rolleyes:

Carnival provides life jackets for all its guest...adults and kids.

The ship will have life preservers for all people onboard, crew and passengers. Size appropriate life preservers should be in the cabin when you board. If they are not, notify your cabin steward. He should provide them before the life boat drill or before sailing, which ever comes first.

You do not need to bring your own.

The ship will have life preservers for all people onboard, crew and passengers. Size appropriate life preservers should be in the cabin when you board. If they are not, notify your cabin steward. He should provide them before the life boat drill or before sailing, which ever comes first.

You do not need to bring your own.

even for use in the pool??? It was my understanding that those are for emergencies only, and should be left in the closet unless an emergency occurs and you are TOLD to don it,,,

I didn't see any children using them on the cruise,,,,Holly

My sister has 3 younger boys traveling w/ us. Does she need to bring lifepreservers or are there some on the ship for her use? Thanks in advance for the answer!! :rolleyes:

Do you mean lifejackets in case the ship is sinking' date=' or inner tubes to play in the pool with? If it's lifejackets, yes the ship will provide them. If it's inner tubes to play with, no they don't. However, since the pools are on the small side, I would leave them at home and just bring arm floaties if they're needed. There really isn't much room to enjoy an inner tube, IMHO.[/color']

even for use in the pool??? It was my understanding that those are for emergencies only, and should be left in the closet unless an emergency occurs and you are TOLD to don it,,,

I didn't see any children using them on the cruise,,,,Holly

The OP asked about life preservers.

Life preservers are not for use in pools whether on ships, in back yards or any where else. Life preservers are for use in emergencies. There is an easy way to tell the difference between a life preserver and something for kids to use in a pool. The things kids use in pools have "not for use in emergencies" or "not to be used as a life preserver" printed on them.

I'm assuming you must mean the kind you use to go swimming, and the answer is no.

Depends on what you are asking. If she is concerned if something happens to the ship there are plenty of life saving devices for all ages, however if she wants them for swimming or going to the beach she needs to bring her own.

The OP asked about life preservers.

Life preservers are not for use in pools whether on ships, in back yards or any where else. Life preservers are for use in emergencies. There is an easy way to tell the difference between a life preserver and something for kids to use in a pool. The things kids use in pools have "not for use in emergencies" or "not to be used as a life preserver" printed on them.

well,,,I wouldn't dream of allowing a small child at the beach or in our pool without a life preserver,,,,in ADDITION to constant supervision,,,,toys, you are correct, are not life preservers,,,,,

Holly

edited to add,,,I think there's some confusion between life "preserver" and life "jacket",,,I use the terms interchangably, but technically, they are NOT,,,I MEANT that a life jacket should be worn at all times by children in pools and at the beach,,,

a life PRESERVER is a ring that can be thrown to a person in trouble and are only for emergencies,,,,,my mistake,,,Holly

My sister was actually looking for the boys to be able to use the life preservers on the beach excursions and while using the water slides on board. Is this permissable or should she bring her own. Once again...thanks for your responses.:rolleyes:

She should bring her own. The life preservers in the cabin are for emergencies, not the pool or beaches.

Archived