Mach!!!!! Please respond!!

CruiznWithHubby

Mach,,,I need your email so I can email you those thankyou's pleasee!!! Also,,,,

who all exactly was involved? I know you and Risa,,,,but people also mentioned a "John",,,,this wouldn't be THE John as in "John Heald" would it????

Anyone else???

I want to make sure I properly thank the right people!!!!!!

Thanks so much,,,,,,and enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!:D I'm pretty sure I'll be booking the whole dang family (yes including Katie) on the Fascination for a 5 night to the Bahamas very soon!!!

DH and I want a 7 night, but if we're paying for the whole family to go, you can't beat the prices on the Fascination,,,,we'll do a 7 night for ourselves :D

Holly

Thanks!!! How did I miss that????? Holly

::shrugs his shoulders:: i don't know... maybe because your computer screen (and house) are still rocking? ;)

and on a related note... mach can correct me if i'm wrong... but i think it was THE john (heald)... at least from context. what a great surprise.

happy anniversary, btw :cool:

::shrugs his shoulders:: i don't know... maybe because your computer screen (and house) are still rocking? ;)

and on a related note... mach can correct me if i'm wrong... but i think it was THE john (heald)... at least from context. what a great surprise.

I think that's what Risa said,,,,,,but I was in such shock,,,and when I'm surprised and in shock, I don't take things in so well,,,,,

and thanks, btw :)

Holly

I was one of the ones following this little saga..... I'm so glad it ended so well!!!! Your family ROCKS!!! I want to go on vacation with all you guys!! The whole thing made me cry more than a couple of times.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh and Happy Anniversary! I'll be on a cruise for mine in six months. I hope it is even half as memorable.

I was one of the ones following this little saga..... I'm so glad it ended so well!!!! Your family ROCKS!!! I want to go on vacation with all you guys!! The whole thing made me cry more than a couple of times.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh and Happy Anniversary! I'll be on a cruise for mine in six months. I hope it is even half as memorable.

awwwwwwwwww thankyou!!!! And Happy Early Anniversary to you too!!! Come on vacation with us,,,,,,we're nutz!!!

And they said it wouldn't last,,,,,they really did!!!! I was 18 when I got married!!!!!!!!

25 years later,,,,,,,,,,,still havent killed DH,,,grin,,,,Holly

Mach,,,I need your email so I can email you those thankyou's pleasee!!! Also,,,,

who all exactly was involved? I know you and Risa,,,,but people also mentioned a "John",,,,this wouldn't be THE John as in "John Heald" would it????

Anyone else???

I want to make sure I properly thank the right people!!!!!!

Thanks so much,,,,,,and enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!:D I'm pretty sure I'll be booking the whole dang family (yes including Katie) on the Fascination for a 5 night to the Bahamas very soon!!!

DH and I want a 7 night, but if we're paying for the whole family to go, you can't beat the prices on the Fascination,,,,we'll do a 7 night for ourselves :D

Holly

Hiya, Holly!

Yes, that's my friend, John Heald. I don't think anyone else could have gotten the ball rolling as quickly as he did. Then, of course, Risa just flat ran with it, bouncing ideas off me as she went.

My email address is in my signature.

I'll be thrilled to make sure that everyone is recognized for the part they played in making your cruise so memorable.

WONDERFUL news about the whole family cruising. Please tell Katie I said hello and thank her for allowing me to play a part...

Mach

You're right... it was John Heald.

He's a great friend of Cruise Critic and, in particular, of my 'Cruisin' With the Crazies' cruise. He's going to be sailing with us, as a passenger...

:)

Hiya, Holly!

Yes, that's my friend, John Heald. I don't think anyone else could have gotten the ball rolling as quickly as he did. Then, of course, Risa just flat ran with it, bouncing ideas off me as she went.

My email address is in my signature.

I'll be thrilled to make sure that everyone is recognized for the part they played in making your cruise so memorable.

WONDERFUL news about the whole family cruising. Please tell Katie I said hello and thank her for allowing me to play a part...

Mach

wow,,,,for little old me,,,nobody important,,,not even Platinum or anything,,,geeze,,,,,you guys are awesome:)

will have those emails to you shortly,,,just wanted them personalized,,,,Holly

wow,,,,for little old me,,,nobody important,,,not even Platinum or anything,,,geeze,,,,,you guys are awesome:)

will have those emails to you shortly,,,just wanted them personalized,,,,Holly

Ya' know, Holly... you don't have to be 'someone' to be treated like royalty on a Carnival ship...

In this case, for me, it wasn't the 'who' as much as it was the 'why'...

He's a great friend of Cruise Critic and, in particular, of my 'Cruisin' With the Crazies' cruise. He's going to be sailing with us, as a passenger...

i figured - i couldn't imagine anybody else who could have, as you noted, pulled that one off so quickly...

i've noticed that you have an effective working relationship with john - with this little act of magic, and now for the HC passenger with cabin problems...

you're part of that equation, too - kudos for getting that ball rolling to such an effective end. i kind of see you as... cc's ambassador to carnival ;)

maybe i'll see you crazies on the conquest some day - i planning on the conquest some time next aug/sept, and probably in the not-so-distant future - since she's just over an hour away :D

So if John's sailing with us how do we get to be at a table with him for at least one meal? Lottery, bribes.....? I know what you drink....:D

i figured - i couldn't imagine anybody else who could have, as you noted, pulled that one off so quickly...

i've noticed that you have an effective working relationship with john - with this little act of magic, and now for the HC passenger with cabin problems...

you're part of that equation, too - kudos for getting that ball rolling to such an effective end. i kind of see you as... cc's ambassador to carnival ;)

maybe i'll see you crazies on the conquest some day - i planning on the conquest some time next aug/sept, and probably in the not-so-distant future - since she's just over an hour away :D

Actually, I have a friendship with John that has developed over the last 18 months.

I have a great deal of respect for him. He has a HUGE heart and I am constantly in awe of how hard he works to make the cruise experience better for everyone, not just the occasional person who needs help.

Watch over the next twelve months as changes on board Carnival ships occur... John will be at the tip of the spear driving those changes...

So if John's sailing with us how do we get to be at a table with him for at least one meal? Lottery, bribes.....? I know what you drink....:D

All of our reservations are links... every single one for the Crazies.

I can arrange for all of us to be in the same dining room but last time I checked there weren't tables for 300 available on the Conquest. ;)

Trust me, we'll have plenty of one on one time with John. He's sailing with us because he wants to be part of the Crazies...

Look at what he wrote on the back of my 'Scot...

IMG_2089.jpg

and now he is!!!

:D

I have been away for a week and have been trying to find the post that described how the surpise went etc. Can someone post the link here?

BTW-Happy Anniversary!

Mach-Enjoy your cruise, 4 days for you!!

Here is the original thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=869854

and Holly's review that describes the event:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=872405

I have a great deal of respect for him. He has a HUGE heart and I am constantly in awe of how hard he works to make the cruise experience better for everyone, not just the occasional person who needs help.

Mach - I think this is how a lot of people feel about you here on CC. You definitely do all you can to make the cruise experience better for everyone. Whether it's giving info for setting up a M&M, giving hurricane/weather updates, writing wonderful reviews or getting all of us together to see a gigantoball in Dallas. Your love for cruising and your gift for people is evident, we're blessed that you are willing to share that love.

Thank you Mach, I raise a DOD to you!! Enjoy the Splendor and I for one am looking forward to your review.

Archived