Great review for the Four Season's bora Bora, Villa Mahana and Patrick

meherio

Wow! Thanks so much for posting that review. I love Johnny Jet! His reviews are always so balanced and humorous. I especially liked the videos. Going to store the link to view again on a cold and snowy day and to dream of our upcoming return to FP.

Pat

Nice, now I know who you really are!

I'm fairly positive that Patrick's the guy we've had on our two BB shark and ray feeding trips arranged through the Paul Gauguin. He's very good, for sure. I don't remember the outrigger actually.

Yes, it's cold and rainy here in Toronto, but I'm flying in 3 weeks. Yeah!!

• 2 years later...

Where are you ??? It's been about a year since we've been in FP--we'll be cruising twice in 2011--this will be the first time without a land trip included--Maybe a couple of years or more ago there was this wonderful 5 table gourmet restaurant in Bora Bora--I know that they were closed for awhile--can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the restaurant--also is it still in operation?? I'm really going to miss our stays at the IC La Moana this year.

We will be sailing in late February and early March on the Royal Princess--we'll have a couple of over-nights in Bora Bora--on kour visit lat year I was happy to see that Keana Hut was good once again--it was pretty rough for awhile there--We stumbled into the best Mahi Mahi at the restaurant just down the alley from the IC La Moana --turn right--may be connected to the house next door.

I hope you are still traveling and reporting on FP--i'e been thinking your name would pop up on some of these Cruise Critic boards--but I can't find you.

Soooooo-the question remains the same--WHERE ARE YOU ???

I HAD DOWNLOADED SOME BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS OF YOURS THAT SEEM TO HAVE LEFT WITH MY OLD COMPUTER--many, many photos. It seems to me that you reside in the valley somewhere in CA--we're in Seal Beach.

Hope you are well--and I miss all your great information about the islands.

Love to hear from you!!

Nancy:D:D

Oh--forgot to say--we will be on a 28 day cruise RT Los Angeles to Tahiti-on the Sapphire Princess--a lot larger than what we're used to over there--this trip will be in the fall in Otober next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, this reviewer must of been following my wife and I on our recent trip to Tahiti last October 2010

The 4 Seasons Bora Bora is hands down the most wonderful resort I have ever stayed in, expense aside (lol) in my short time here on this earth - If I had a zillion dollars, and lived on the west coast, I'd surely buy one of those new residences they are building facing the ocean, waht an incredible place to retire too....

Villa Mahana, what a wonderful quaint home cooked 4 star dining experience, only equalled by the terrific poison cru (in coconut milk) for lunch at La Matira

And hands down, our most fave off the PG field excursion was Patrick's Motu Picnic - I can still feel the calm of the ocean hitting my feet, while we sampled tuna and lobster, on a picnic table, on Patrick's family private Island, right next to the 4 Seasons

This post brought back so many special memories and in our minds, that 4 Seasons property, Patrick's Tours, and Matira/Mahana are all deeply etched into our very souls, how I miss gazing at that mountain from our OWB...

jc

toronto

Thanks for the link to the review. When I win the lottery I will spend a month at the 4 Seasons Resort in an OWB, but until that time, I will keep looking at the photos posted here.

We will be returning to Bora Bora next year after 4 years. I'm sure it will be just as beautiful. One of my fondest cruise memories was cruising into BB with a school of dolphins alongside the Tahitian Princess...just amazingly beautiful.

Archived