Self-assist disembarkation?

Host Caroline

Sorry for the interruption but it's been a while since I sailed on HAL and I didn't see a recent thread.

Do they have self-assist disembarkation so you can carry your own luggage off.. Thinking of switching to Amsterdam for Alaska next May and would like to get to airport early to meet up with friend disembarking from another ship? Just wondering.. our flight is at 11:30 a.m. so that may put is off fairly early but would like to just carry our own off..

In addition to early self disembarkation, you can sign up for HAL's Signature Express Baggage deal (I think the fee is $16.00 & the limit is 2 bags per person) and your bags will be delivered and checked w/your airline. We plan to try this out next time around since we have an early flight out, too. It should save time and avoid the milling about @ the cruise terminal, sorting through luggage & waiting for a porter, etc. I don't think you can book this option until you're onboard. Info. can be found on HAL's website.

I agree with Carlabob, with one "asterisk": Homeland Security can mysteriously downcheck you for Signature Baggage, so you can't depend on being being accepted if you apply. (People who've done it once with success are sometimes denied subsequently, and vice versa.)

In addition to early self disembarkation, you can sign up for HAL's Signature Express Baggage deal (I think the fee is $16.00 & the limit is 2 bags per person) and your bags will be delivered and checked w/your airline. We plan to try this out next time around since we have an early flight out, too. It should save time and avoid the milling about @ the cruise terminal, sorting through luggage & waiting for a porter, etc. I don't think you can book this option until you're onboard. Info. can be found on HAL's website.

Could this be a way around some of the airline's "per bag charges" which you face at check in? Anyone?

:D:D:D

Archived