Labadee question

JJHNLC

Yes, there are chairs and umbrellas. Mom & I got off early because I had a kayaking trip. So the beach nearest the dock was very empty. There were local guys there to help us. Mom doesn't walk far, so this was perfect for her. He grabbed 2 lounge chairs and led us to an umbrella. I got the impression they wouldn't let me grab my own. I tipped him $5. By the time I got back from my trip I almost couldn't find mom. The beach had really gotten crowded. There are other beaches farther away and I sure less crowded but I'm not sure if they had as many beach loungers and umbrellas. It was a great beach day. A bar-b-que was also provided on the island.

I am visiting with my father next March.

Are there any hammocks in the shade like at Coco Cay?

How is the walking? My dad is kind of on the elderly side.

Where is the best place for shade, view, quietness?

Thanks for your answers.

Sylvia

Sylvia,

I don't remember seeing any hammocks but we didn't venture far beyond the first beach. There was a golf cart shuttle that drove mom down to where the bar-b-que was set up. They had a pavillion with picnic tables and hand sanitizer stations right next to the food area. I remember a paved walkway that the golf cart drove on. Ther was also a play area for kids inland from the beach.

laura

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were no cabanas when I was there last February. There are lounge chairs, palm trees for shade and a few umbrellas. Bring a few $ to tip the beach guys. You can get your own chair... but only if you can do it faster than they can see that you want one. It's much easier to let them drag a chair to where you want it for a couple bucks.

Here's a map of Labadee. http://www.travelingnuts.com/D4/lmap.jpg

If you're planning to meet someone there (say, after an excursion), pick a spot. I spent over an hour looking for my brother and niece and never found them. It's much larger than any of us knew!

• 3 weeks later...

LABADEE is beautiful,but i have one gripe. The beaches are man-made,due to a hurricane the sand on the bayside is 6 to 8 inches thick placed over poured shot-crete,firm and packed. easy to walk on but not natural feel to it.thats why you see RCCL trams,booze golfcarts driving on it.also be very careful of the sharp coral on the oceanside.my bro cut his feet very badly. I recomend beach shoes.:(

Archived