I need some help please!

forensic

We would like to spend 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise (Jan 23-25/Feb 1-3). Our cruise leave Port Everglades but we are going to rent a car so we could stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. We are looking for a simple CLEAN hotel/motel! We are not looking for a resort. The only places that I can find that are $125. or less have reviews that say they are "MAJOR DIRTY" and in really bad areas.

I really do not want to spend over $300 for each of the 2 nights, I would like to spend our money on the cruise. We do not use credits cards on our vacations - we only spend cash - so if I spend it in one place we do not have it in another. So I am not going to say "Oh what the heck!" and just spend $200-$300 a night.

I really would appreciate any information anyone can give me. Thank you!

We would like to spend 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise (Jan 23-25/Feb 1-3). Our cruise leave Port Everglades but we are going to rent a car so we could stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. We are looking for a simple CLEAN hotel/motel! We are not looking for a resort. The only places that I can find that are $125. or less have reviews that say they are "MAJOR DIRTY" and in really bad areas.

I really do not want to spend over $300 for each of the 2 nights, I would like to spend our money on the cruise. We do not use credits cards on our vacations - we only spend cash - so if I spend it in one place we do not have it in another. So I am not going to say "Oh what the heck!" and just spend $200-$300 a night.

We stayed in FLL at the Extended Stay Hotel. It is simple, and we found it to be very clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, taking the time to answer all of our questions and provide suggestions when we asked. It was in the $90 per night range, and included a large kitchen. It was nice to have a fridge to keep drinks cold and for our breakfast items that we picked up the night before. It is right on the 17th Street Causeway, close to the port, restaurants (Carlos and Pepe's is sooooooooooooo goooooood), a grocery (Publix) and gigantic wine (Total Wine) store. Lots of parking for your rental car too.

Check out the web site. We found a $10 off coupon on line that brought it down to the $90. We would definately stay there again.

Something must be going on over the Feb dates. I found the Doubletree in Boca avail for the pre cruise at $103 per night but nothing for the post cruise dates. You may have to take a look at someplace west or more north like WPB.

We are sailing out of Port Everglades on Easter Sunday and really don't see too much trouble right now with room availability, so something definitely is going on. I'll keep looking though, but West Palm is not a bad place to stay.

I would suggest doing a search of the Boca Raton hotels, as Boca is a very nice city. Someone I know decided to stay at the Embassy Suites this December after pricing Fort Lauderdale hotels.

Also check out the Hampton Inn in Plantation. They get great reviews and are pretty close to Sawgrass Mills for great shopping. Hamptons usually offer the best rates for AARP members, and next best are AAA rates.

There is a lot going on during your dates and you are in peak season (look at my sig line).

$300 is certainly possible but not without a lot of work.

Firstly, get your mindset off Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Start thinking about areas like Hollywood Beach, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Dania, Hallandale, etc.

I suggest you go to www.Sunny.org and search for Small Superior Lodgings. Areas outside Miami or Fort Lauderdale are going to be cheaper without having to stay at a Comfort Inn ten miles from the beach.

Have you looked at Hotwire? Get yourself familiar with the areas outside of above and see what they have.

Hollywood Beach is really a lovely area and it hasn't quite been taken over by super luxury hotels. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is filled with quaint mom and pop motels because of high rise building restrictions.

Lastly, you may find a last minute (very last minute) unrented rental on http://www.VRBO.com.

If you are adventurous you may want to try priceline. Before bidding please use a site like betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com to learn how the process works. We stayed last march during spring break at Marriott Courtyard FLL across the street from the beach for less than $100 per night. Wonderful location, newly renovated. Web price for those nights were $199-240--so a big savings. There is a thread at the top of the Florida forum where people can post their winning bids and the star level so that everyone can have an idea of how much to bid and the location of the common hotels. Have a great time!

I booked Sheraton Suites in Plantation for $99. a night for Jan30-Feb1- special that has to be booked by Nov. 17th. All rooms are Suites. Not close to the ocean, but we will have a car so can go whereever we want to.

Archived